Park Model RV

vangyzen

I will soon be buying a Park Model RV in an existing Park in Hudson Florida. I will be living in it full time. I know I have to pay sales tax but what else? How do I register it? Anyone know how much this costs? Also, if I plan to buy used are there companies that will do a preinspection before I buy. Any help would be appreciated

DL Rupper

Park Model RV

A Park Model should be similar to a house. Do you own the property or rent the space? You may be required to pay property tax or personal income tax if you live there all year. Park Models are not quite the same creature as mobile RV's as they are set up to be permanent fixtures opposed to moving from park to park. Make sure to get some kind of structure insurance since you will be in Florida.

vangyzen

Park Model RV

It will be on a rented lot. Many of the people in the park have license plates in their window. Can't find any info about RV's on the DMV site. Thanks for your input

Kirk

Park Model RV

Visit your local DMV office. Also, visit the park you plan to put that park model into and ask other owners. RV people are friendly and helpful. The best answer is the official one since the laws differ from one state to the next.