passing the buck

AnotherRookie

We are in the process of narrowing down our choices for purchase of a new diesel pusher. We have had salesmen tell us horror stories about chassis manufacturers and house manufacturers passing the buck to each other with no resolution when warranty repairs are needed. Has anyone had this experience? If so, who were the manufacturers involved?

Thanks for the help.

C Nash

passing the buck

naive1, bet the horror stories the salesman told you were on a chassis and house mfg they did not have on the lot :laugh: Post the make, model and year here and get some opinions. Welcome to the forum :)

s.harrington

passing the buck

There are always stories. Some are actually true. In order to stay away from these type problems you have to buy from a reputable manufacturer. There are several out there. Allegro, Foretravel, Newmar, Manaco to name a few. My best experience is with Allegro. I used to work for a dealer that sold them. It didn't matter whose problem it was, if it was their coach it got fixed. If it was a chassis problem and the local dealer didn't want to handle it, they would call around and find one that would. I have also never heard of Monaco turning away any of there customers no matter who's problem it is. Of course for what you pay for a Foretravel you better not have any problems.

AnotherRookie

passing the buck

Thanks for the info. I can't say the responses really surprised me, but since I am such a newbie, (actually not even that yet)thought I should check it out. Actually, the choices we got down to are among those that S. Harrington mentioned. None of them are a Foretravel unless I have a rich uncle out there that I don't know about. :laugh:

AnotherRookie

passing the buck

Thanks for the info. I can't say the responses really surprised me, but since I am such a newbie, (actually not even that yet)thought I should check it out. Actually, the choices we got down to are among those that S. Harrington mentioned. None of them are a Foretravel unless I have a rich uncle out there that I don't know about. :laugh: