Perhaps the end of free WIFI coming soon?

TexasClodhopper

December 5, 2007 5:47 PM PST
House vote on illegal images sweeps in Wi-Fi, Web sitesThe U.S. House of Representatives on Wednesday overwhelmingly approved a bill saying that anyone offering an open Wi-Fi connection to the public must report illegal images including "obscene" cartoons and drawings--or face fines of up to $300,000.

That broad definition would cover individuals, coffee shops, libraries, hotels, and even some government agencies that provide Wi-Fi. It also sweeps in social-networking sites, domain name registrars, Internet service providers, and e-mail service providers such as Hotmail and Gmail, and it may require that the complete contents of the user's account be retained for subsequent police inspection. ...

http://www.news.com/8301-13578_3-9829759-38.html?tag=nefd.top

DL Rupper

Re: Perhaps the end of free WIFI coming soon?

Lets vote them all out of office. :approve: :evil: I'm on free wifi right now. :cool:

G

Agreed DL ,, but i'm on paid for cable service right now ,, but i still want free or semi free wifi when i camp ,, oops sorry to be politically correct ,, when i RV

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Kirk

That story just shows how ignorant they really are. Just how do they plan to enforce this? And even if you could, who is going to do this? If taken seriously, it would not just end free wifi, it would end most internet services. That was really stupid!

C Nash

Kirk, think that what they think they are there for. To do stupid things. :eek: :laugh: