Personal RVing.

LEN

Well RVing will be put on a back burner for a few for us. Two days after returning from Alaska, like someone turned on a light switch, I couldn't breath, couldn't walk 25ft. After tests and on high output Pee pills(16#s) that's two freakin gallons of water in my chest I can breath again. So next Thursday I'll be in for the Cath look at the heart. And then open heart surgery the follows week. Know I will have a new valve installed and what else who knows.
Motor Home.......
Good news is we got new wind screens(rocks in Canada), New shower door glass( it came off hinges and broke 3rd day towards Alaska) cleaned carpets and washed inside fixed little things that needed done so the coach is all but ready to roll. Needs bay cleaned good but I could do that one at a time on the road.

LEN

akjimny

Re: Personal RVing.

Good luck and best wishes for your hospital stuff. Sorry we missed you while you were up here. Maybe next year. :) :)

Triple E

Bad news Len. I wish you the best. If we can do anything and I mean anything at all let me / us know. Good luck and all the best to you and yours. You are not smoking are you? :eek:

JimE

RE: Personal RVing.

Len, let em put you up on the rack for your 50,000 mile tune up and you'll be back on road in no time!!!

try2findus

Len, you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Like Jim said, just time for a tune-up. We want you back on the road ASAP!!

cougarkid

Len,

My mom got a new heart valve (mechanical) 20 years ago. She is healthy as a horse now.

My wife had double bypass 2 years ago. She was short of breath and tired all the time.
She was off work for 6 weeks and then went back. No heart damage - better now than before.

Keep positive and you will prevail and come out stronger!

LEN

Ok Friday update: Did the cath-lab yesterday and all was as expected. Saw Surgeon today and will have the chest cracked(sounds manly doesn't it) on Monday 8:00 am, either repair valve or a new valve(metal) the first is a hope as with the last I will be on rat poison the rest of my life.

LEN

H2H1

Len we will be thinking about you come Monday Morning at 800 am. Maria has a leaking valve and on med's for it. Her project factor is not to good but getting better. So hang in there we pray all come out in your favor.

Triple E

Well Len it has been 2 hours and 19 mins since they started working on you. Been thinking of you all weekend. Praying you are doing well. Not a way to spend your retirement. Will be anxiously waiting for your return. :approve:

try2findus

Len or Mrs. Len, please let us know how everything went when you have the time to post.

The power of Prayer is an amazing thing. :)

LEN

We are home!!! The surgery crew said they had a ruff time on the restart, guess my surgeon was really working. Then the ICU had the problem getting all the chemicals back in balance. I am finding that the NO SALT isn't that bad and finding a whole new world of food out there. Although no amount of nuthin as for diet would have made a difference as the valve was bad from birth. I can still have good coffees teas and even a drink now and then, so far no then. Back to walking a 1/4 mile and gaining, biggest problem now is the heal, my last nurse said that about Friday the chest should settle down. If I'm rambling here I got some good drugs, just think about someone taking a swing at your chest with an axe and using baling wire to tie it shut. BOY guys if your letting go let me tell you don't it takes very little effort to kinda clean up ones act and avoid a bypass, although mine was a valve the process is same. I even had a BEEF burger last night for dinner"no salt", OK better go cough for a bit.

LEN