Phoenix, AZ

rjf7g

I may be heading to Phoenix on business in June and am trying to figure out whether or not to take some of the family along with since school will be out...will be leaving the RV behind (don't talk about how gross hotel rooms are) for the sake of time. What is there to do or see in Phoenix? I will poke away on the web to see what I can find, but would love to hear from ya'll as well.

utmtman

Re: Phoenix, AZ

Not knowing how far you may want to travel there is Hohokam Pima National Monument, if you dont mind driving north a bit there is Montezumas Castle and Tuzigoot National Monuments. And there is Slide Rock and Red Rock state Parks north in Sedona area. There are a few ideas for ya.

Kirk

To the east of Mesa there is the Apache Trail Scenic highway and also Tonto Natl. Monument which has cliff dwellings that are open to the public. Over near Coliage there is Casa Grande Natl. Monument.

rjf7g

Thanks for the ideas...turns out the cities of Phoenix and Scottsdale offer 6 skate parks between them...with the science center and zoo, this may very well take up the family's time. I will pass on your suggestions as well...I will be in meetings the whole time. :(

TWX

It can easily reach 110F in Phoenix in June, so keep that in mind when you're deciding what to do here.