Pilgrim 5th Wheel

Shadow

Hey gang, just wanted some opinions on this 5th wheel. It's a 2007 30' Pilgrim Intl Legends. Three slides with the bunkbeds in the rear. My neighbor is looking at buying it. It's never been sold and the dealer seems eager to get rid of it. Listed new at 42,500 and he can get it for 24,900. He knows the manufacture is out of business, but really likes the trailer.(and the price). Just wanted some pros and cons. He said they were going to offer a full warranty. My question was who would honor it if they are out of business? Told him I would throw it at Y'all and see what you thought. Is it or was it a good brand? Thanks in advance......

G

RE: Pilgrim 5th Wheel

well shadow ,, not to knowagable on that brand ,, i have seen them ,, but not sure on it ,, but sounds like a good deal ,, and for the warranties ,, most that i have dealt with even being out of bussiness ,, they have a company that is covering the warranties for them ,, yes they are out of the sales bussiness ,, but still in bussiness ,, if u know what i mean ,, but hope fully other's will chime in on this ,, and u know they will :approve: :approve:

elkhartjim

Re: Pilgrim 5th Wheel

Another way to look at it Butch, if he's willing to spend $40k and can get what he likes for $25k; thats $15 k to play with on warranty, mtc, etc. I don't have a clue about the quality of this rv but with your knowledge and experience you can give him some advice on that...if you look at it. You have a good idea of whats junk and whats quality. If it was going to leak, wouldn't it have already.

I'd say go for it. Of course its not my money.

We're still leaving labor day for points east.

Grandview Trailer Sa

The Pilgrim trailer was not the worse trailer made, but it was far from the best too. The only warranties on it would be manufactures warranties like Dometic or Atwood on items used in the trailer. There is NO warranty on the trailer itself from Pilgrim.

Shadow

Thanks for the quick replies guys. Big help!

Jim I'll send a PM...

elkhartjim

Butch...did you get my pm. They seem to end up in my outbox but I don't know if they are sent.

Shadow

Got them Jim, they will always show in your out box till read. Talk at Ya later! Headed out the door to Shiner.

C Nash

Does Shadow mean he is going to MOON someone :eek: :laugh: :eek: . Think retirement is already working on him :laugh:

elkhartjim

Watch it Chelse...we Texans are headin your way soon and you don't want us coming upset

H2H1

OK Jim just where in the south are you coming? Now you know we charged a tour fee on Texan,,,, JK u ,,come on down and do let us know where and when you head this way. as always be careful. :laugh:

C Nash

Jim better watch us ole southeastern boys. We can be sneaky :laugh:

Shadow

Now Chelse. You know you should never use the words Retirement and Working in the same sentence. :laugh:

DL Rupper

For what it's worth, most 5th Wheels don't seem to have as many problems as MH's (no motor/drive train/leveling jacks/electric stairs/front window/etc) so not having a manufactures warranty on the RV might not be too bad. $15K in the pocket is a lot of money to make repairs, if necessary, with. :laugh:

C Nash

DL don't you have to have a motor/drive train to pull the 5th wheel :eek: :laugh: ;) Having said that I agree the MH is more expensive to operate but has its advantages.
Shadow I would not let the company being out of business keep me from buying if it was a good product. No knowledge at all on the Pilgram but have seen a few on the road. Just tell your friend to really look at the construction of the rv.

DL Rupper

Right on Chelse, but he's worried about buying a 5th Wheel without a warranty. I'm just assuming he has a Dodge Diesel to pull it with. He won't need a warranty for it. :approve: :laugh:

DL Rupper

I'm starting to get warmed up now that it's getting close to our hit the road date. Beware a sleeping giant may awaken :eek:

Shadow

Hey DL, all that deisel smoke must have made you psychic! He does own a dodge! But he also has a chevy with the duramax. Maybe someone could tell him the pro's and con's of hitches. He wants to go with the gooseneck hitch so he can pull it with either truck. Oh and both trucks are shortbeds. He's been reading, so let him have it! :laugh:

DL Rupper

From what I've read/heard, adapting the 5th wheel king pin to a gooseneck is somewhat of a weak link. I don't know enough about gooseneck hitches to provide the particulars of why it's a weak link other than to say common sense tells me it's usually best to use a particular designed hitch in the way it was designed to be used. Gooseneck hitches with goosenecks and 5th wheel king pins with 5th wheel hitches.

With a shortbed pickup I can't quite see how the gooseneck configuration would give him enough clearance between the front of the 5th wheel and the pickup cab on tight turns. The auto slider 5th wheel hitch allows the 5th wheel to slide back out of the way and provide the adequate clearance between the pickup cab and the 5th wheel on tight turns.

I'll pass to Kenneth at Grandview Trailer Sales. He should know if adapting the king pin to a gooseneck configuration is a good idea on shortbed pickups. :)