Pismo Beach

stktrader

I dealer rep tells me that one can drive your 5th wheel right on the beach about 400 feet south of the pier. It is not part of the state park campground system. Is anyone aware of this location? He says you pay a local $75 insurance money to tow you out of the sand if you get stuck, or $300 if you get stuck and and did ot pay up initially.

DL Rupper

Re: Pismo Beach

California. It's about 150 miles North of Los Angles on the Beach between Santa Maria and San Luis Obispo. They drive all over the beach on ATV's/4 wheel drives. It's scarey place to walk on the beach. :eek: They camp all over the place in RV's. Fun party town/place.

ironart

DL You are absolutely right... :) :) :) It is a great place but I have never heard of the "Insurance" I had to pay the $300.00 when I got stuck...It happens..

Other than that, watch out for the "crazys" They are everywhere. Pismo Clams are the big attraction, other than the beach, but need a fishing license to get them and believe me they are checking.... :eek: :eek: :cool:

DL Rupper

Hey ironart,
We lived in Lompoc for a year (1982) and camped at Pismo Beach for a month 2002. Great area. Love the cool weather right on the coast.

We plan on going back to Pismo maybe next year. The Classic Car Cruise-in's are great there.

ironart

I love Lompoc.....All the flowers and great weather (if you like morning fog)...It is cooler in the summer than anywhere inland.......Pismo in on my list too...

I guess I would stay on the beach again....It is exciting when you hear the serf right next to your door in the morning... and the dogs just love it there.....Just stay out of that dry sand up close to the cliffs....Very Soft Indeed.... :eek: :eek: :( Just watch where the others are camped....That will give you an idea of the "Safe Areas"

Let me know when you are thinking of going again....I would love to meet you there......

ironart

Greg,

There are a couple of RV parks about a block from the beach......Air Park St. and Pier Ave. Near the airport..

Never stayed in them but they might be a shot for a first time at Pismo.....Then you could report back and tell us all about them... :) :) :)

Go to Google Maps and zoom in on the beach (south of the pier) ....You will see the campers all along the water...There has to be over 100 of them when this photo was taken.....Great Fun...

Hey Guys.....This would be a great place for a "RV Gathering" It is all FREE :cool: :cool: :laugh: :laugh: :bleh: :bleh: :)

DL Rupper

A meet and greet at Pismo Beach sounds great. Now if we could get those Rv'ers back East/SouthEast/Texas to expand their horizons. :laugh: :eek:

Shadow

But DL, Rumor has it my Ford will never make those mountain passes to get there!! :eek: :laugh: So I have to go east for the meet and greet.. ;)

DL Rupper

I got it. After the East meet and Greet y'all can caravan to Pismo Beach :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

stktrader

I looked at the view above the North Pismo Beach Campground on maps.live.com and that state run campground looks nice; a lot of grass and greenery. The campsites are spread out as well. It is adjacent to Pismo Beach RV Resort. Although their is no electric or water hookups, the state park looks nicer than the resort.