place to stay between Little Rock & Memphis

shiloh

I need some ideas on where I can stay free and safe between Little Rock and Memphis this Summer. I'm leaving late in the day and need a place to park my RV for the night. I appreciate the help.

C Nash

Wal mart, flying J, some churches, just ask permission. No dumping, awning out BBQing or littering :laugh:

shiloh

Thanks, I had those places figured out. I know there is a flying J in West Memphis and a few walmarts along the way, but no 24 hr. ones. Don't know about staying at one that is not open 24 hrs with lights and cameras. Churches are a concern because they are usually isolated and not lit. What is your thought.

C Nash

I would not stay at any that were not open 24 hr and church lot would be a last resort. Lot of 24 hr food stores will also allow you to rest a few if you ask permission. I have foud that the next exit book has a lot of good info on what's at each exit but, hard to keep them up to date on account of changes. Some city parks offer free overnite stays. might be worth the price to purchase the book called free campgrounds.