plumbing codes

G

I had a situation come up today that i did not know how to answer ,,
One of my mobile techs called into the shop and informed me that the Class A MH he was sent to fix would not let him fix the plumbing prob,, unless it was up to code..
The prob my tech went out to fix was a leaky water pipe under the kitchen sink,, well anway he told me all the pipe in this coach was galvanized ,, and it had rusted thru in the kitchen ,, anyway he had to replace at least 5ft of pipe (to the next joint) that was when the probs started...
Has anyone heard of this??? i mean i have used pvc in MH for years (inside of course) and have used flex pipe (well insulated) on the under side of the coach.
What i am asking ,, has anyone heard of codes on a MH after it was built ,, i have not ,,(did some reasearch on the web) but this guy insissted that if we were not doing it by code then he did not want us fixing the prob...
Any help on this????
We have done many pipe repairs and sewer repairs ,, but have never heard of anything like this...

C Nash

Re: plumbing codes

Probably better off to just let him find someone else. He will probably try to figure out some way to sue you. Nope never heard of a code on rvs but, there is probably one in some lawers office :laugh:

hertig

If the coach was permanently located, it might or might not fall under residential code. But then I don't know if any code prevents the use of PVC. I might invite him to produce the code and see if it really applied to the coach. But easier and less hassle would send him elsewhere, perhaps a residential plumber...

G

I thought it out and as both of u stated we told him to contact a residential plumber ,, cause we were not aware of any codes pertaining to MH's .. i did ask where he got the info and of course it was from a friend of a friend & some cousin ,, so i advised him that we would fix the leak if he liked ,, or he can do (as atated above) he then got kinda smart with me and said if u'r not gonna fix my prob then why are u here and did ask how much is this call out gonna cost ???
I told him no charge and we went on our way :)
Bty this was a transient coach (i hope u know what that is)
Anway thanks for the info :approve: