polishing rv

G

What is the best way to get rid of oxidation on an rv ??? My dad gave me this rv and he let it go after awhile because he could not keep up with the waxing because of his age ,, he kept it clean and in a garage but now it is show sighns of neglect (not really bad) but enough to notice ,, i was thining of having it re-gelcoated but i can't find anyone who will take on this task,,, money is not a prob.. i just want the coach to shine again like it did when it was new...
and bty i have done some buffing on it myself ,, but what a pain in the A-- it is 40 foot long and i am getting lazy in my old age :) ...
But the coach still looks great,,, the awning is like new ,, never used till i got it..
wheels still have a mirror finish,, just want the rest of it to look good,,, if u see my point ;) thanks for any info :cool:

Kirk

Re: polishing rv

There are cleaner/wax products that will do what you want, but it will take a lot of work. I have used the products made by 3M company for fiberglass boats for just what you have in mind. Doing that will mean a lot of work, but it can be made to look good again. The other alternative is to find a detailer who will do it for you.

onthecoach

What you need is a PAINT CLEANER! I used this on my coach (after a thorough washing) and it got rid of all the black marks and really cleaned it up! After that, I used Protect All (Camping World has it). The coach looks great and really shines! The rain just beads up and runs off! However....this project took me an entire week = 7 days, 8+ hours a day! (Good thing I'm retired!) But it was worth it. I will have to do it again in the fall, but I figure 2 weeks a year to maintain the outside of my home (we full-time) is not asking a lot! It's certainly a lot less than I would have to do if I have a single-family home!!

G

i know what u mean i have spent alteast 3hrs a day on mine and still not done ,,, but i have a large farm to run so when i have time i mess with the rv,, but i'm not really full time ,, we head out about 9 months outta the year,,,
Gonna head out soon ,, the damn drought is kiling us here in TN ,, all the crops are weak and we aren't looking good for a second cutting of hay (we should be on our 4th)...
But anyways thanks for the post and wish me luck ,, gonna go polish tomm. again for a bit :)

G

Has anyone heard of a gell coat rejuvenating product???
They say it will restore oxidized coating and u can even wax it for better shine
The web page is .... www.protechpolymer.com
I was just wondering about purchasing it, i found ALOT of very pleased people they even say that it last up 6 months and then they just wax their coach as normal,, in my searches to recover gell coat and i'm prolly gonna give it a try...
what do u all think IU'RO :)
This product has been endorced by espn and other outdoor companies ..
It originally was for boats ,, but what i have read it works great on rv's and even wake boards...
But i any of u get a chance ck out the web sight and watch the video and let me know what u think... ;)