Pony Express RV Resort Salt Lake City

WalterHopkins

Just stayed here a week ago. great place! It took a long time for them to get open, but it was worth the wait. 140 sites, huge pull throughs, BRAND NEW and classy to boot! For a long time there was just the KOA here but thankfully, there is finally a first-class RV Resort inNorth Salt lake. Check out the web site at www.ponyexpressrvresort.com and see what they've got to offer. You'll be glad you did. This place is designed really well and the staff is the best. I usually don;t post reviews but I have to tell you, this one was worth talking about! :) :) :)

Kirk

Re: Pony Express RV Resort Salt Lake City

This guy just joined and then made this post, just as he has on at least five other RV forums that I frequent. Let's everyone add this RV park to the places that have bad ethics and which should be avoided at all costs.

DL Rupper

Hey kirk, I hear you. I agree, but in the SLC area there aren't any decent campgrounds. Since I grew up there and go back frequently, I may have to try this one. The only one that we went to in the Sandy, UT area (20 miles South of SLC) sold the property last year for some new business venture. Too bad this yo-yo couldn't just let his campground speak for it's self. Like I said there aren't any decent campgrounds in the area and this one would have done alright without his little pitch. What's funny is that when these people put there little free add in a forum it is obvious what they are doing and they probably end up loseing business. :(

Edyag

Kirk. Just wondering how you can jump from a review to a conclusion re someones ethics. You know,do you that this guy is not a camper. I have connections with this park and I know he did stay shortly after the park opened and he was encouraged to post a review because the park was only a few weeks old. How does using the forum work for advertising satellite dishes?

TexasClodhopper

Edyag - 1/12/2008 10:38 AM ... I have connections with this park ... advertising satellite dishes?

Mr. Yager, if you're connected with this park, then why don't you arrange for them to take out a paid advertisement on RVUSA? They are the ones that provide the forum for us to use for free. And we have good friends here that do advertise with RVUSA, and we support them financially whenever we can.

There are places much better suited for RV park reviews than the forums that we frequent. An unsolicited review on a forum connotates free advertising and only gets you off on the wrong foot.

My advice to you connected folks at RV parks is to get in tune with your potential customers instead of irritating them and insulting them with childish comments. When you write comments like yours you speak to ALL of us; not just ONE of us.

PS. Kirk has never "advertised" satellite dishes.

PSPS. I tried sending a note to this RV park at their published email address. It doesn't work. I guess they don't want to hear from us.

utmtman

Hey clodhopper you ever had an email box get full or have some other reason for email problems? Never know if that is the problem here.
Been past that RV Park last oct and nov. Did not stay there cuz I was closer to family staying at hill afb. But I have to say its a nice park and by gosh the salt lake area could use another one. I have had to stay at draper the last two times I stayed near salt lake because I did not care for the area the KOA was located in. He may have did it poorly to post they way they did but it is a damn good idea to get the word out about a new and nicer rv park.
There is a really nice one about to open in Louisiana but I wont talk about it for fear of members here jumping my case for doing it.

TexasClodhopper

Looks nice; poor marketing. My email was asking about the validity of these posters. Going to the source for information.

utmtman

Cant blame ya for that. I also tried to send an email to no avail. Though about calling them today to see what was going on with their email.

DL Rupper

Totally agree that SLC, UT needs a good RV Park. I'll probably give it a try next time I'm in the area. I worked at Hill, AFB in my prior life and really don't much care for their Fam Camp on base either. If the Pony Express RV Resort really wants to get it's reputation up and running fast, they should make it a Passport America park with no restrictions. They will have more business than they know what to do with. ;) It will be a win, win situation. :approve: