Portable Holding Tanks

Kirk

Portable Holding Tanks

We also own one and they are a good answer for the location where you do not have a sewer conncetion. There are two things to keep in mind as you get one. The first is to keep in mind that you will need to find a location to store it. The second issue is the weight that it has when it is full. For my 15 gallon tank and water at about 8#/gallon, that means my 15 gallon tank will weigh about 120# when full.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Portable Holding Tanks

Yes, weight is a concern to consider. Ours was given to us and I am glad it has wheels an a hook for towing with a ball (slowly).

SnowbirdInFlight

Portable Holding Tanks

We own one as well and it has come in quite handy. Although it is very heavy (or so I'm told by my DH, ha ha). However, we just invested in a Flojet portable RV waste pump self-priming macerator so he can just run a hose to the dump. This will come in very handy where we stay at Giant City State Park in Illinois. I'll let you know how it works after we use it for the first time.

hertig

Portable Holding Tanks

I've got the 30 gallon one, and it works just fine. Unfortunately, my trailer tanks were 40 gallons each (and the motorhome bigger yet), so I had to use great care to dump to the tank when there was enough sewage to dump well (generally you should not dump if the black tank is less than half full), but not so much it would overflow the external tank.

So I don't use it any more, just bought 50' of sewer hose instead. Obnoxious, but not as much trouble as using the tank :)