Portable Satellite dish holder

decoy

What kind of ideas have you came up with to mount your dish on outside your r.v. that is portable :question:

C Nash

Re: Portable Satellite dish holder

Hey decoy, I like your motto. Tex you need to start selling them mounts. :laugh:

ironart

Thanks Paul,

That is a great little invention.... I like the idea of the fold down receiver module..... I am going to make one.....

Thanks again...

Paul

TexasClodhopper

I drilled the rivets out on mine and put in two 1/4-20 bolts. It doesn't take much to install the 'stem', and it makes it easier for fitting into my slideout bay.

Something you might think about, I kind of tweaked the width so it just barely fits in the bay width.

Chelse, it isn't my design. It's originally from Bill N8XV & Barb N8XVC regular RVrs like us.

ironart

HI Paul

I understand what you are saying.....That might be a better approach for me to....Every one of my cargo bays is a pass through but some are a little bigger that others
so removing that little riser would work well for me too......

Thanks for the tip..... :) :) :) :)

Paul

SnowbirdInFlight

TexasClodhopper - 8/20/2008 9:24 AM I do this for sat TV: Low Profile Dish Mount

The only problem with this arrangement is you have to watch the television upside down, lol.
z6932757.gif
couchpotato-1.gif

jetboat

mounted nthe dish on a 1''x12''x 30'' and just leave it on the ground. cut a 45 degree wedge from a 2x4 for leveling. also drilled a 1/2'' hole at the back of the board so i can steak it down.been working that way around 5yrs now,and he weather has never affected it.simple.

SnowbirdInFlight

jetboat - 8/27/2008 12:50 PM mounted nthe dish on a 1''x12''x 30'' and just leave it on the ground. cut a 45 degree wedge from a 2x4 for leveling. also drilled a 1/2'' hole at the back of the board so i can steak it down.been working that way around 5yrs now,and he weather has never affected it.simple.

I was going to make the DH make us one of those Low Mount dish holder like TC was talking about, but now am curious about yours. Would you happen to have a photo you could post to show what it looks like?

jetboat

RE: Portable Satellite dish holder

sorry about the delay, i just mounted to the flat 1x12.nothing fancy.set the angle etc.and point to the southern heavens.also drilled a 1/2 hole at bothe ends (3"from the ends) and made some steel stakes to hold it down on windy days.

Lakejumper

Tex,

Thanks for sharing your design. I have a question on how you made the fold down arm. After you drilled out the rivets, did you just replace them with 4 bolts or did you also modify the arm? I think that I can see a latch of some sort. If you happen to have a close-up picture that would be great. Also, did you glue the pvc pipe pieces together or do they disassemble?

Thanks,
Lakejumper

Lakejumper

Tex,
Sorry for the double post. I'm new to the forum and couldn't find an "edit" button to change my original posting. Upon reading your posts again, I drilled out the rivets and inserted two bolts. It works perfectly. I'd still like to know if you can disassemble the PVC platform.

Thanks again!