Potable air compressor........

parigi

Hello all F/T!!!!!!
Kindly advice which type of portable air compressor you use for your adventures.
I travel with a 25' 5th W and need some advice......I've used some of those flimsy
ones,SEARS and some others and I need something much sturdier.......
Name,model and perhaps manufacture name much appreciated,parigi. ;)

Kirk

Re: Potable air compressor........

The next part of the question is, do you travel with a genset so that you could use one powered by 120V-ac ? Those are much more powerful and will do much better, but they don't work from the battery.

If you have 120V then I would suggest the Black & Decker, Air Station which is a tank-less version if it is just for airing up the tires.

utmtman

I have the 120 volt type with a small tank on it. Works just fine for all my needs.

H2H1

well I have a porta cable pancake type with 135 psi and does all I need. I don't always take it with us due to the added weight and length of trip. if we do have a flat I call Good Sam's Emergency Road Side Assistance.

DL Rupper

I use a small 1.75 gallon 120 V ac Husky air tank/compressor from Lowe's. I use it to pump up my 80 psi Michelin tires. I also carry a 12 V emergency air pump in the Truck.

raskal

We've got a 120v Sears 125 PSI unit with only a 2 gallon tank for use with the new 110 PSI tires. Takes a while to get them up to recommended cold pressure but it's better than nothing and the largest I could find room for.

honorman

RE: Potable air compressor........

I use the $99.00 125 pound, 120 volt sears pancake type, works fine for me on the motorhome, fits nice in the basement I also have a battery type for the air bags and use it for the cars, I never leave home without both after ruining a motor home tire in FL.

C Nash

Also in the market for a new one as I never leave w/oi one Burned up my second one that came from wally world last trip, It would do the 85 lb cold pressure if you had the time but they are just not made for heavy pressure use. I always ck pressure before leaving each cg. Very seldow have to add but sure like to keep them with the correct pressure.

Darlin

We bought ours from Northern. It is 120v. Small enough for the basement with a long enough hose to reach the dolly, toad & driver's side tires on the mh.

Tire are too expensive not to take care of.

Darlin :cool:

Triple E

I use Viair made by Black and Decker. 12 volt. Cost around $170.00 on Amazon.com. My tire size are 22.5. I started pumping on of my tires at 90 psi and went to 110 psi in no time. Very impressive for 12 vdc. Light and quiet. Comes with a nice carrying case. Someone on this site suggest it, I tried it and am very glad I did. Also come with gauge.

LEN

I have two, one I carry in the 4-runner all the time and the 4-runner is always with the MH 12 volt made by the green slime people and have gone from 30# on the MH to 90# witch is enough to get me to air(would have gone higher but it is slow at the upper end), two a 120 volt porter cable 150# small enough to go in a bay. The second you can find in good shape at pawn shops as they are popular for $75.

LEN