Power

popy

I have a 15 amp service in my popup.When I have ac running and lights tv breaker pops out.I know it is pulling to much power.I was told if I plug my camper in to the 110 buy a dogbone 30amp male 15amp female and plug AC to it with A 15amp breaker between the 30 amp and AC unit this would fix the problem.My AC has a 15 amp breaker built into the plugin.Will this work?

hertig

Power

I'm not clear what you are asking. If you want to disconnect the AC from the trailer and plug it directly into another external outlet (on a different breaker than the rest of the trailer is plugged into), that should work fine. You don't need to mess with the 30A dogbone unless that is the only other outlet available. Make sure it goes through a 15 amp breaker between the outlet and the AC, since that is the maximum your wiring is good for.

If you are talking about plugging into a 30 amp circuit to get more juice, don't. Every part of the trailer can only handle 15 amps. In order to be safe, you would have to replace the trailer cord and plug with 30 Amp rated parts, and add another 15 Amp circuit breaker in the trailer (with the AC connected to that breaker only.

popy

Power

It is A window unit and i'am going to plug it into the 30amp dogbone.The AC has a 15amp breaker built into the plug.Then plug the camper to the 15amp.

hertig

Power

where are you going to plug the 30 amp dogbone into? If you plug it into the trailer, you will likely still be trying to draw more than 15 amps through 15 amp wiring, which will blow the source breaker or risk fire. If you plug it into an external 15 amp circuit from the same breaker as the trailer is plugged into, you will probably draw more than the external breaker can handle, and trip it. If you plug it into an external circuit from a different breaker than the trailer is plugged into, you should be ok; 2 completely separate 15 amp circuits, with neither drawing more than 15 amps.

popy

Power

If you plug it into an external circuit from a different breaker than the trailer is plugged into, you should be ok; 2 completely separate 15 amp circuits, with neither drawing more than 15 amps.That is what i'am going to do.

THANKS!!