PRAIRIE SCOONER BY GULFSTREAM

Old Forum Post

[Frank] We are looking for a new 5th wheel and this coach looks great on the dealer&#039s lot - any opinions out there from real life experience?

Old Forum Post

[Rick Roberts] Prairie Schooner was a pretty good product built by Mallard until 1992 when they went out of business. Evidently for 2000 Gulfstream has picked up the brand name and is selling a product under this name. Any information you get about the old Prairie Schooner line is unlikely to have any relevance to the 2000 models you are seeing by Gulfstream.

This is a common marketing tactic used in the industry. Do your search for information on Gulfstream products. There you are likely to learn that the company doesn&#039t have the best reputation for quality and customer service..

Regards

Rick

Old Forum Post

[bruce] This response is for &#039Rick&#039. How come all the complaints I read about pertains to mostly every RV except Gulfstream products? I own a Yellowstone Class C thats 2.5 yrs. old and have no problems at all. Its amazing what a little maintenance will do. I&#039d like to hear where you got this opinion.

Old Forum Post

[Rick] Bruce

Evidently we run in different circles. I can&#039t speak with authority about this forum as I don&#039t come here that often, however at rvamerica and the RV newsgroups (rec.outdoors.travel and alt.rv) the comments about Gulfstream quality are largely negative. Poor workmanship only increases the odds that you will get a lemon, it doesn&#039t guarantee you will. Good workmanship doesn&#039t guarantee you won&#039t get one either. It just lowers the odds.

For the record, since I haven&#039t been here much lately, I have been in all all phases of RV industry at some time or another over the past 30 years. I have been in the used RV business for the past 10 years and have no vested interest in any brand of RV. I am only relating my personal experiences with Gulfstream products in general and commenting on the largely negative comments I see posted on the internet.

I am glad you are happy with your Gulfstream product but my experience indicates that there is higher percentage of dissatisfied owners of Gulfstream owners than many other brands.

Regards

Rick

Old Forum Post

[Bruce H] You can add Damon to your list of poor quality,and no quality control products. Weak floors,water leaks,wired wrong,cheap furnishings,(falling appart in 2 years) JUNK...