Preparing to launch...a question for the pros

Shadow

Re: Preparing to launch...a question for the pros

There you go. Can't pass that up. Ken(Grandview) will be able to help you with you're hitch and everything. Looks like finding this site is going to work out for you. Take care, Ken will steer you in the right direction. Him and ole DL have forgotten more about trucks and rv's then a lot of us will ever learn.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Hey, hey, hey, be nice Shadow.

I did save the man with the Excursion $1,500 after making a call to the manager. :approve:

Texan_Travelers

Texas ~ We plan to do that, brother...we told our people that we'd be accepting at least one travel assignment back home (3 months) each year, so we'll be spending 25% of every year in our native Texas. I'm surprised you think 2 years is a lenghty period of time. :laugh: People up here are ever riding me about my Texan accent. It's tireless. I've very little doubt that my accent is more pronounced than is yours. A law school professor of mine told me that I should pay a professional voice coach to rid myself of the accent I'm "afflicted" with. Now this man liked me a great deal, and he didn't think he was being insulting, he simply wanted me to be able to avoid any suffering of being stereotyped an idiot. Needless to say, I hugged my friend, told him I'd absolutely not be coaching the Texas out of me, and that was the end of that. I also get a good deal of ribbing by the friends we've made here who've been to our home and see that I'm a guns and weapons collector (I've an enormous and exotic collection of very intimidating knives). I'm the only broad they know who's an excellent marksman. I shoot a 12-gauge pump-action shotgun and a .40 caliber Glock most of the time. I'll be adding a rifle to the mix this summer. I cannot begin to tell you the number of times I've been told "We can certainly tell you're Texan, with the love of guns you have". Most comments are nothing more than friendly banter...but **some** seem genuinely the weeist bit distressed that I shoot for sport - and that I'm good at it - AND that I'm female. In our travels, (and I'm sure in yours) we've become aware that when people think of gun lovers, the very first people they think of are Texans. Funny, right? Off the subject, but funny nonetheless. Not to scare, but I've shot at ranges in Dallas and here in VA., and few I've met are better. And for your humor (because it certainly won't humor anyone else here) the back of my Xterra has a large bumper sticker which reads "It's a Texan thing, you wouldn't understand" - and a smaller bumper sticker which reads "Native Texan".

Grandview ~ yeah, we've been up here two and a half years now. We live in the outskirts of Richmond, waaaaaaaaaay out in the country, where we've no neighbrs save for the crop fields. ;) We drove 2.5 hours up to Reines RV just to see the largest number of Montanas in this area just last week. It was a LONG drive. I'm confused...are you an RV salesman? Your handle suggests as much. Where are you located, exactly? We're putting the selection of the truck on the backburner for the next few days only because we need to choose our RV *first*. We're supposed to make that selection end of this week, beginning of next. The truck will immediately follow. If we've time, we're supposed to go the hour into Richmond and see the Duramax tomorrow. We live an hour from the nearest city, Charlottesville or Richmond.

Once, again...thanks everyone.

TexasClodhopper

That-a-girl! You can take the girl out of Texas, but not the Texas out of the girl!

Lady, what do ya think I've been trying to tell ya'll about Ken (GRANDVIEW TRAILER SALES)? Get it yet? He's the man, lady! Don't waste your time elsewhere.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Just looked up the Montana floor plans. I had actually forgotten you were looking there. :(

I have the 3400 and 3500 floor plans in Prairie Schooner. You should let me quote one for you. We have higher insulation "R" factors and lots of features they don't. I actually have almost a 3400 on my lot in a Canyon Trail Sedona Edition 34 FBRW. 3 slides instead of 4 and the kitchen is rearranged.

Delivery could be 3-4 weeks. They are busy, but I ordered 2 trailers on Friday for our Open House on the 31st. They will be there.

Just let me know if you decide to come here for a truck, it takes me 1 1/2 hrs. to get to the I64 - 29 intersection just below Charlottesville. You must live somewhere near Short Pump. Wife's cousin is in that neighborhood also.

Texan_Travelers

Ken ~ Yes, indeed. After months of traveling three hours this way and that...we've decided to go with the Montana 3400. In truth of the last several weeks, the only decision left was *which* of the Montana's to go with. In the end it came 'tween two models: the 3650 and the 3400. Just this week we chose the Montana 3400. And after almost 5 months of reading Trailer Life Magazines, a few issues of other magazies in the same genre, reading threads online, talking with those we know who own RVs...it's been an exhaustive effort. One I do not wish to repeat. I'm comfortable with our selection. Would have LOVED to have been able to afford one of the few incredibly lavish fifth wheels we saw in our search, but what can I say? I'm no Trump. :laugh: I'm not even a distant relative. :clown:

Now it's on to trucks. We went to see/drive the Duramax and Ram (again) yesterday. This weekend I'll be reading at the DieselPlace.com till my eyes swell, among other sites. I hope to arrive at a truck decision in the next week or so. Hell, the Duramas folks told us that even if we wanted a 2008 we couldn' get it till nearing October. To even get a new 2007 they'd have to find one somewhere else. And while OnStar is brilliant, the Duramax? Jesus, I wish it were a little less...ugly. Course that's just the female of my nature talking. :)

Need to saunter over to my washer/dryer post and see if any who've knowledge have written there. I appreciate you fellas. You've treated a gal like family. THANK YOU.

Michelle

Grandview Trailer Sa

Well, if you have any ideas of coming here, you had better hurry up. Drove by the dealership today and only counted 4 Dually's. They could have more I did not see, but they are moving.
Wife and I went to her mothers this weekend. She lives north of Charlottesville. Drove to the I-64/29 intersection in 1 1/4 hour.
Come on down!

Poppa

I don't know much out the deisels in dodge and chevy but I do know the older 7.3 ford power strokes were and still are hosses. I posted a thread to ge some feed back on chevy and dodge. and If I do buy a dually it will be a couple years old, let someone else work out the bugs and take the depreciation hickey :laugh:

hertig

Watch out for Onstar. When it works, it is great, but they appear not to have competent engineers. My 2004 has a version which will cease to work on Jan 1, 2008, and they tell me it is 'impossible' to upgrade to the new digital system. Of course, I would not expect any of the new features, but I would bet that a competant engineering team ought to be able to come up with a new control box and/or transmitter to provide the same features over the digital phone network.

Also, they refused to sell me the lower priced plan, insisting the only plan my motorhome was eligible for was the higher priced plan with additional features I never used and don't want.

Their suggestion? Trade in the motorhome. My suggestion? Avoid OnStar, they couldn't care less about the customer.