Problems with new motorhome

annie2005

My husband and I would like to know if anyone else has had problems with the hydraulic jacks on a 2005 Georgie Boy Pursuit (the 35th Anniversary Model).

Two of the jacks have had problems and the dealer has had our motorhome 7 weeks because of the last problem. They're not working on it - just arguing about it. The jack people said it wasn't their problem and Georgie Boy said it's not their problem. It was still under warranty when we brought it in for repair. We just want the dealer to fix it and argue who will pay for what later. We want to use it!!!

The dealer is Pontiac RV in Pontiac, IL and we will never purchase anything from them again.

We'd appreciate any input any of you have.

Thank you.

C Nash

Have you called Georgie Boy and the company that makes the leveling system? Sounds to me like the service people just don't know what is causing the problem. Could be in the jack system are in the installation. 7 wks is too long. What hydraulic leveling system is used?

Kirk

If you have Big Foot jacks like our Cruise Master does, call the phone number listed on the website as I have found them to be very helpful. We had one jack begin to leak from the ram when the unit was just under two years old, within the Big Foot warranty, and they had a nearby dealer replace the jack, even though he was not a Cruise Master dealer. I didn't deal with the selling dealer at all, just call the manufacturer and they sent me to their nearest authorized service shop.

campbud

That is a long time fixing something. Have you called the manufacture of your motor home? I would! If it is under warranty there should be no charge to you and it should be fixed right away. I know the place you are talking about, it is about 45 minutes away from us. We have gone to open houses there. I have heard other people talk about their poor service also. They have become really big in the last couple of years, accumulating alot of other small RV businesses, maybe this is why their customer service is lacking? I really hope they get your problem solved for you, maybe step on them a bit and let them know that you are not a happy camper and are spreading this by word of mouth and the internet. Maybe then they will have different attitudes? Good Luck and please let us know how it works out for you.

annie2005

Thank you for the replies on this. The jacks are from Bigfoot and they have told the dealer (or at least that's what the dealer said) it's not their problem. The latest jack problem stems from a broken weld. It was also leaking hydraulic fluid. We could not get the jack up as it was bent out sideways and finally my husband got a 2x4 and put under it like a lever and I got in the motorhome and pressed on the retract button and between the two of us we got the jack up - but it was ruined.

The first jack problem was a front jack and a similar problem but we took it to a dealer that's closer and they fixed it (or at least we think it was fixed).

My husband talked with the service guy from Pontiac yesterday and really got on him and threatened to get our lawyer involved (we are really not the suit-sort-of people but had to have some kind of leverage) and also said we were going to write to rv magazines and tell this story. The service guy said he would call Georgie Boy and half an hour later we got a call from Georgie Boy. My husband told him our story and this man agreed that the photos the dealer sent them about the problem showed that the weld was broken. My husband told him that they'd better check ALL of the welds because we do not want to go through this again. The service guy called back later to say that between Georgie Boy and them, the repair will not cost us anything.

We are so unhappy about this dealer. This wasn't really about the money to repair this, even, but rather about providing good customer service. That dealer has a huge dealership, now, and this job is a fly speck on their books. They probably don't care that they've lost a good customer but we are sure going to tell others about their poor service.

Does anyone in the Illinois area have a trusted place to go to for repairs (I hope we don't have any for a very long time after this)?

C Nash

Thanks for giving us the follow up. Sad that we sometimes have to take the bull by the horns to get repairs down that should have been handled quickly. Seemed obvious that the problem belonged to georgia Boy because of poor welding. hope your problem is solved

campbud

Hi I am glad they are fixing it. It is sad that the dealer and one that big has to think $$$ first and not the customer. Sometimes that is just what it takes to make these dealers listen. We purchased our RV in Rockford IL and have not had to take it back for any repairs but they were wonderful in there service to us.