Propane... Need Hazmat label or forums???

dragon

I have searched this talk forum using the search option on "Propane", and have not seen/read anything about whither or not you/I need to carry/display and HAZMAT 2 Labels/forums when traveling????

Could not find any info on this question on Internet, I even went to ask.com and could not find an answer.

What Official documentations are needed with RV, that has a propane tank attached, when traveling ???

And when traveling, does the RV suppose to pull-in when truck weigh stations are open to get weighed?

akjimny

Re: Propane... Need Hazmat label or forums???

Karen, I did a Google search on "Propane Tank Travel Restrictions" and came up with a Woodalls forum with some interesting info. Take a look and see if that helps you any. As for Hazmat placards, I don't believe they are necessary for RV's.

As for weigh stations, I went from the bottom (Florida) to the top (Alaska) and back and never had to pull in to any weigh stations. Some even had signs out on the highway saying "No RV's.

Maybe some of the other form members will have more info. :) :) :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

RV's are pretty much left alone on the highways. The only place you need to close your LP tanks are going thru tunnels. RV's do not need to display placards at any point, no documents either.

G

I agree with GTS ,, and also ,, they are exempt from weigh stations ,, rv's are private ,, not making money for the miles traveled ,, even the biggest coachs are not required to stop at any weight stations :approve: :approve:

dragon

RE: Propane... Need Hazmat label or forums???

Thank you for your information. I am taking my RV in to have it checked, and did not want to get in trouble.

H2H1

Just one more thing to add to this . You are suppose to shut down the propane gas refrigerator when you are at the gas pumps filling up your car/truck and MH. I know it is a hassle but the fumes from the gas pumps could be ignited from the pilot light of the refrig. or hot water heater that is if it is on. I recommend that he Hot water heater not to be on when traveling down the road. You have plenty of time to get hot water once you are set up.

Triple E

H2H1 - 3/15/2011 6:54 AM Just one more thing to add to this . You are suppose to shut down the propane gas refrigerator when you are at the gas pumps filling up your car/truck and MH. I know it is a hassle but the fumes from the gas pumps could be ignited from the pilot light of the refrig. or hot water heater that is if it is on. I recommend that he Hot water heater not to be on when traveling down the road. You have plenty of time to get hot water once you are set up.

VERY GOOD STATEMENT HOLLIS. This should be mentioned more often. :approve:

goldone

It seems like every province in canada, is different.. some prov's you have to get out of the rv, when filling propane. Most you shut off when taking a ferry. Bad when a 2 hr ferry is involed... some prov's, even the pets have to get out when filling..static electricity, I guess....