propane tanks last?

scj8168

We are newbies to the world of RV. LOVE IT so far. Leaving on a 30 day trip to the Southwest on the 8th. In the Grand Canyon, there are no hook-ups. So....HOW long will the propane last us??? Anyone got a "guesstimate"???
Thanks. :question:

sp

propane tanks last?

Hi,

I'm new too but here are the facts of my last two trips.

Mothers Day weekend 2 1/2 days using furnace at night, fridge, and water heater(dishes and a couple of kid showers).

Then, 3 days at the races using oven and stove top for breakfast and dinner, fridge(4 days-fired it up the day before), and water heater(5 guys showering once a day).

This is out of one 20#(gas grill) tank and she is still going strong.

I don't know if you can get anything out of that but I figured I'd give it a try. I thought I'd go thru more!!

Have a fun and safe trip :bleh:
sp

rwc454

propane tanks last?

How are you running heat with no electric services :question: :question: :question: . I think mine has to have electric to run the motor and propane for the heat. Maybe mine works with just propane I dont konw :question: :question: :question:

rwc454

propane tanks last?

How are you running heat with no electric services :question: :question: :question: . I think mine has to have electric to run the motor and propane for the heat. Maybe mine works with just propane I dont konw :question: :question: :question:

Gary B

propane tanks last?

Hi SC8168, welcome to the forum, normally a 30 lb LP tank will last us about 10 days with heavy furnace use(temps at night in the low 30's), water heater, cooking and refer use. The water heater will use about .1 gal per day, if you cook 3 meals per day about the same .1, refer about .15 gal. =.35 gal per day. Hope this helps. Ron I think what Steve meant is he had no 110 VAC hook up your right the furnace needs 12 VDC and will operate off the battery/s for a couple of nights. :) :cool: :bleh:

sp

propane tanks last?

Actually Guys, I never mentioned "no hook ups". That came from scj8168's original post.

My furnace runs off 12v for the blower and LP for fuel. I have a 110v to 12v inverter on board so I can run off a 110v "hook up" or my baby generator (1100watts :question: ) I'll take Gary's word for it on how long the battery would last on its own.

Steve

scj8168

propane tanks last?

Thanks to everyone who replied. That helped a LOT. We are originally "tent" campers and are in heaven at the space and living conditions offered by the travel trailer. We made our reservations at Grand Canyon for tenting then decided at the last minute to go ahead and buy the RV. I know you ALL remember what it was like being NEW at this. SO many questions. Glad I found this board AND all of you.
Have a wonderful weekend.
:laugh:

Gary B

propane tanks last?

Yes we / I remember and you don't have to be new to learn things, this is an excellent place to ask and learn have a great trip!!!!!!!!!! :bleh: :approve: