prowler lynx ultra lite

Old Forum Post

[mike] I just took delivery on a new 829s prowler bunkhouse and it pulled just as good as the 1998 rockwood ultra lite I just sold and the living area is very roomy. Any one looking for a light wieght trailer should check out fleetwood lynx, dakota, and yukon, Any one who has seen these units I would like to read your opion of them. Thanks

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[mark c] To be honest more and more people all the time are staying away from Fleetwood products!! Take the time to read the forums on others web sites and you will see why....

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[Gary B] I have a Fleetwood product it&#039s my second one and would buy another, the reason Fleetwood is the largest mfg in the world of RV&#039s is they make what peolpe want. About 80% of the people blasting Fleetwood have never owed one.

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[Steve] I have been looking hard at the 829S. What did you pay? Most come loaded with nearly every option. Do you have the triple bunk house option? Dry weight on this baby shows at 4,084 lbs. What are you towing with? I have a 2000 Expedition w/4.6L engine. You are right this is a sweet trailer. I have 3 kids (ages 4, 6, and 8)

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[mark c] The point is that there is so much negative talk about fleetwood products!! And when you pay up your hard earned money why take chances on bad products... IE so you can understand there are mnay to choose from why pick the problem company. Oh and far as being the biggest company they wont be for long if they dont start building better product. Do your self a favor read the forums like at good same web site to get feedback from fleetwood owners. And mike lastly you are right i dont own a fleetwood product thanks god

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[mike] Steve you asked what I paid for the 829s, I ordered it at the Detroit rv show in novi MI. and got a show price of 13.900 in which they threw in a 19" rca tv and the hitch and stablizer bars. The dealer I went threw was Lowery trailers which is in warren and holley MI. I think the reason you see ten complaints to every one of another brand is becuse fleetwood builds tweenty to ever one that other companys build

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[mike] Mark C thanks for the advice on the web site, I had a 1998 rockwood ultra lite before I puchased the fleetwood and was happy with it but just wanted something with mor room and the fleetwood had the weitgh and the layout I been looking for, I also had a popup by rockwood, At campgrounds I&#039m a very social person and will talk to anybody about there trailer, I also go to a least two rv show ayear for the past five years and found you can get a lemon with any brand. Thanks.

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[mike] Steve. You asked what I towed with and if I got the triple bunks. Just to let you Know I tow with a 1990 suburban with a 350 and 3.73 rear end 2 wheel drive. I had a 23&#039 rockwood ultra lite which I did not use stablelizer bars just a sway bar and with the stablelizer bar on the fleetwood I would say it tows better. I did not order the triple bunks but the trailer did come loaded with everything but heated holding tanks. PS. the rockwood had a hicth weitgh of 250#. Keep me posted on yourchoice. thanks

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[Camper Joe] I see in a form that Monoco has a lot of quaility control problems also, it appears, they don&#039t respond to customer issuses, and O Boy did that big Monoco pusher that caught fire in the engine compartment look scary, sure wouldn&#039t want one of those fire breathing draggons. Even more compaints on Holiday Ramblers with is owned by Monoco. O well I guess money can&#039t buy everything. Looks like they all make lenmons. CJ

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[mark c] Mike it isnt about getting a lemon its about the failure of fleetwood to fix it!! Your should really take the time to look at good sams forums to find out what is going on with many many fleetwood owners and the trouble they are having with fleetwood fixing problems.. Remember many of the people buying these rvs are older and dont have the money to fight with a company like fleetwood who doesnt seem to care about their customers needs (maybe just maybe thats why their stock value is heading down as their quality is heading down).. Mike look at that web site and let me know what you think!!!

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[Steve] Mike...thanks for your help! The retail on the 829S is actually higher than 13,900 so the RV places I visited start at this price. I am negotiating for 13,000 or less. In response to all the complaints on Fleetwood products please remember...these people are not building Rockets..it&#039s a tow trailer designed to roll down the highway...a smooth highway that is...and then park and enjoy. The current trend is lighter and smaller but with that requires next generation materials like composites and specialty plastics and high-bond adhesives, lighter aluminum alloy and titanium parts...etc..etc. Thinner materials able to withstand the trailer stresses and not come apart..and this cost more.
We Americans wan&#039t trailers built to take us to the moon but only want to pay a price tag to get us to the next camp site. Let&#039s all face it...very few of us cannot afford or are not even willing to pay the $20,000+ starting price for a high end trailer where literally everything is flawless and looks perfect. Maybe our expectations are too high for a coventional trailer ranging from 19&#039 to 30&#039 in exchange for $10-15K.

Old Forum Post

prowler lynx ultra lite

[mark c] So to sum up waht you just said you feel that paying 3000-5000 more for quality isnt worth it?? lets see thats about 30-40 dollars mre per month on a 10 year note? Also when you trade it you will most of it back!! Just some food for thought...
Also you wont be giving money to fleetwood so they can continue to mke junk that would send a message that they have to do better... Either way i hope you enjoy it thats what it is all about.....