pull rite hitches

Kenj

Has anyone used or know someone that has used the pull rite hitch that mounts under the tow vehical and works like a 5th wheel, I will be picking up a new 30' TT and I need a weight distribution style hitch, I had a popup trailer before this so this is quite a change in size and weight so I want to be prepared.

hertig

pull rite hitches

I have not used it, but if I ever was going to pull a TT, I'd check this hitch out first.

It claims to make a TT pull like a 5ver, and it may. For sure, it should make hooking up much easier over a fixed hitch.

Kenj

pull rite hitches

Like you said they claim it will pull like a F.W. ,I just wanted to talk to someone that has used one it sounds too good to be true. I am new to rving with anything larger than a popup and would like to make my traveling as trouble free and safe as possible. I will be towing a 30' TT that is 7100 LBS. dry weight with a F250 diesel long bed, I would greatly appreciate any feedback or info. Thanks Ken

USMC

pull rite hitches

I understand it works much like a Hensley hitch works but not as pricy, I would prefer personally to have the Hensley because the way that it attches however you will probably be out about $3,500 for a Hensley.

Both Hitches has a web site you might want to visit. Later Jim

C Nash

pull rite hitches

I have a friend that is in the rv repair and he uses this hitch and swears by it. He had a video that showed the advantages and it was very impressive.

Kenj

pull rite hitches

Thanks for the replys, I am waiting for the video to arive. I never realized there were so many hitchs on the market till I started looking.The pull rite sounds good but I haven't talked to anyone that has used one so I am kind of leary about getting one till I hear some first hand experiences. I see lot of people are using the equal-I-zer and the hensley so I will look at them also. Ken Jones

USMC

pull rite hitches

From what I understand the Pullrite hitch in theory works the same way as the Hensley hitch, but is reversed and mounted up under the vehicle It has been a long time since I looked at this system however I remember it being an arc shaped unit.

The Hensley unit is made to mount on the RV trailer hitch and I have seen and talked to people that own this unit and they say it is the best hitch since peanut butter.

Now you are going to think that this is an advertisement for Hensley, but It isn't. I looked into buying this hitch myself and when I did the research I discoverd that Mr. Hensley the inventer of this hitch lives only about 45 minutes from my home, Me and my wife drove to Centraila Illinois one afternoon and located his business Mr. Hensley took time and explained his hitch to us and how it works, and he also sells other Rv equiptment and hitches at his business that is not far off interstate 57, he told us that he had sold his business to a company in Indiana where they manafacture his hitch in volume something that he as the inventer could not do.

I did consider the pull rite also as it was a cheaper unit, in the long run I decided to keep my generic hitch because as I stated before the Hensley is a a pricy hitch.

I did run into a person that found one at an estate sale and paid $50.00 for it but the odds of finding a deal like that is slim to none, however I allway's look out for one in the news paper adds and rummage sales you never know when you could run across a used one but most people that have them know what they are worth. good luck. later Jim

Kenj

pull rite hitches

Thanks Jim, I was thinking of asking a friend if I could try his generic hitch for a couple test runs before I decide as I may not need a fancy hitch seeing that I have a f250 CC LB. That is a interesting story about the Hensley I will have to check out his shop next time I am in the area, I know someone that lives near there. Ken