Putting A 3000 Honda Genset on back of Class C RV

trouble61

:question: Hello Friends, I have a problem an maybe someone can help.I have a Honda EU3000is generator and would like to put in on the back of my Class C. I have a hitch installed that is a Class 3 Reese. I also have a Cargo Carrier that is rated for 500lbs, but it wobbles a lot from side to side when I set my genset on it and wiggle it.If any one has any Pictures as to how the did something like this or help I would really appreciate it. I am really having a SENIOR moment when trying to figure this out. Thanks,My e-mail is trouble61@copper.net if any one wants to e-mail me.JJ

janicenlarry

You need to be aware of the cantilever effect when hanging weight off of your bumper. To determine the real weight on your axle, multiple the weight of your genny (and other items you are hanging off of the back) times the distance in feet from the axle to the center of the hanging weights. EX: 150# times 7' becomes a 1050# weight at the axle. Too much weight back there can cause a lot of problems.

trouble61

:) Thanks Millions Janlarmil, Wow,I would never had thought of that.I guess what they say about that you learn something everyday is really true.I can't thank you enough for your help so I don't make a bad mistake. JJ :) :)