question about motor coach resort in south carolina

april73190

ive seen some advertisments in the Family Motor Coaching magazine for Cane Creek Motorcoach Resort. It is for class A motor coaches only and looks pretty nice. i was just wondering if anyone has heard anything about it or has visited.

G

Re: question about motor coach resort in south carolina

Where is this park in SC ,, i have stayed a bunch down there ,, is it in Horry county ???? I'll have to ask Bro Dave about this ,, he lives in MB ,, and bty welcome to the forum april :) :approve: :approve:
I just looked this palce up and it's in Greenwood SC ,, u can do google on it and see what they have ,, to me it would be an ok spot ,, if it were on the beach ,, but at the prices they charge ,, it should be right on the shore ,,, sorry but i like the beach any beach ,,, see my signature ,, but it does look nice ,,, and bty i own a class A also ,, but i'm not being mean to any other rver's out there ,,, we are all rver's and we stay in what we have ,,, i hope this don't bring up anymore bad post ,, sorry guy's and gal's ,, ok i'll go back to my mole hole now ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hertig

730, if you like the beach, check out Winter Island RV park, just off the coast of Salem, MA. We spent a week there in July and it was great. You could spit into the ocean from our site. Boat ramp was right there, and a swimming beach a few hundred yards away. About $25 or $30 a night for waterfront, a bit less in the center of the park, great people, no dump on the island, but free access to the Salem Waste Treatment center right next to the island.

brodavid

Cane Creek has a good rep, never been there, neighbor did and said it was very decent and slightly snobby, only for newer class A's and was watchful over what you did the whole time they were there.

G

Hey , john that sounds great ,, but since i'm getting old i kinda like full hookups ,, and a full beach area ,, since i like to body board (not on the sponge type ,, but a real body board ,, fiberglass ,, odered from hawaii) anyway,, does this spot offer this kinda stuff ,, and what is the wave form like ,, i maybe interested ,, if the fuel cost come down (ya right) :approve: ;) ;) :laugh:

hertig

They have water and electrical, but as I say, no dump on the island. Dump is less than a mile away.

The area where we stayed was essentially a big parking lot with sites around the edges close to the water. This end of the island is for boats, with many of them parked, I mean moored, just off the shore. The boat ramp is in the middle. Across the parking lot is a path which goes to the swimming beach. We only found the beach the last day, so I can't really say much about it, or the waves. Give them a call (may not be open til May) and ask them if they meet your needs.

elkhartjim

Hey Rod...can't the old body take body surfing anymore? You gottqa have a "board".

H2H1

I agree with you Jim he needs a board, if for nothing else just to carry him on :laugh: :laugh: :approve: I could help that the :evil: made me print that :bleh:

G

i body boarded once (without board) and man was i sore ,, and yes i use a board ,, built in Hawaii (u know body boarding is as big as surfing down there)
Anyway ,,, if i ever get the chance (and tex loans me about 1 mill) i would love to got to Hawaii and board the Pipe ,,, hey u only live once ,, so what the heck ...
Bty Hollis i need that board for my big fat a-- ,, sorry that's not me ,, i only weigh about 170 when wet with clothes on :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
But i am seeing the old man coming out in me ,, getting more lazy and not really wanting to get stuff done around the house as fast as i used to ,, but i still work out ,, and try to keep up with my 20 yr old son ,, but it's a job ,, and it don't pay anything :eek: :eek: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

G

sorry ,, we do that sometimes ,, but read the other post on this ,, i would myself stay there ,, but as posted before ,, it would reqiure an ocean front place for me ,, and right on the shore ,, but it looks nice ,, but i think i would be out of the running ,, due to the fact that my Class A is more than 10yr's old ,,, sorry :) :) :)