Question about RV A/C

sp

Hi All,

I'm still looking for an A/C for my 24'TT. I found one on ebay that doesn't have alot of info with it. All I could get out of the seller is the make and model number. Does anyone know how to track down info from a make and model number?

Coleman model #6749R707.

I need to know btu's and if it is a reliable unit.

Thanks,
Steve :cool:

C Nash

Question about RV A/C

Steve, have you tried contacting Coleman? I will try to look it up later this week. Should be able to at least give you the btu's. Be kind of scared of buying from e-bay if that is all the information the seller can provide. Did he even know if it worked?

C Nash

Question about RV A/C

Steve, went to e-bay and saw a ac listed that reserve had not been met.Don't know if it is the same one you are looking at but, he stated that he did not know if the unit worked or not :eek: . Even though the bid is low, shipping would be kind of expensive and be kind of like buying a pig in a poke (IMO). If the compressor was bad or leaking freon you could wind up with quite a bit in it. :( (AJMO)

Gary B

Question about RV A/C

Hi Steve, I am with Chelse, would pass that one up, check this site out www.rvexit.com I have bought a couple of ac's from them, they are great to deal with, these are brand new units with warrenty, I installed a Carrier V in our Lance and have installed a couple other Carriers and they are good AC's :) :laugh: :bleh: :approve:
PS Iam not knocking E-Bay in anyway, I've bought a lot of stuff on E-bay, (lots of RV parts etc, even tires & wheels for my Mazda B2300) its just if the seller isn't telling all then I belive one should beware. :evil:

sp

Question about RV A/C

Thanks Guys!

I have the same issues as you do. I just needed to have someone(s) kick me in the butt so I'd think straight. I'll keep looking. Last time I looked, RVExit wanted 5 change including shipping, I'm just trying to keep the price down w/o getting burned. A guy selling 2 compressor less ones wrote me and said he bought one from Palomino RV but I just found RV's when searching not parts. I'll have to email back to see if I missed something.

Talk to ya later :)
Steve

C Nash

Question about RV A/C

Steve, I am with Gary B in I was not knocking e-bay at all. Keep checking them if you are in no hurry. Have got some great deals there but have to be careful with some of the sellers. I was looking at a readybrake system that sold for a very good price but, I never bid on it because I could never even get the seller to answer any of my questions and he had 0 feedback. Maybe he was out of town or computer crashed but wasn't worth taking a chance on.