Question about washer/dryer in an RV

spoonman89

Hi,
Can anyone shed some light on RV's with a (mini) washer/dryer? A relative of mine is looking for some sort of large towable RV but she wants a washer/dryer too and I just dont seem to find many.

Is there some sort of minimum length they have to be for a washer/dryer?

Thanks!

SnowbirdInFlight

quote:Originally posted by spoonman89

Hi,
Can anyone shed some light on RV's with a (mini) washer/dryer? A relative of mine is looking for some sort of large towable RV but she wants a washer/dryer too and I just dont seem to find many.

Is there some sort of minimum length they have to be for a washer/dryer?

Thanks!

Welcome to the board spoonman89! :)

We purchased our washer at Sears. It was the only one small enough to fit in the allotted space and much cheaper than the ones designed for an RV. The cost was only $200 too, so that was nice. We don't have a dryer. Hanging the clothes in the RV works well for us and most every RV campground has a laundry in case we need something dried faster.

spoonman89

Hi SnowbirdInFlight,

Thanks for the welcome! Does your washer need 50amps or is it 30? I was told for a W/D you need 50 amps. I am new to all this so I have no clue where to start!

SnowbirdInFlight

I've actually ran it off of 20 amps, but of course I can't run the AC when I do :) . Other than that, no problem.