Question on Length and tire sizing...

dragon

I know these are stupid questions, please be patient...

I inherited a 1976 Dodge Cobra motor home. I am trying to determine the length of said RV. Every paper I have received including the title does not have the size indicated. Is there a way to determine the actual size without chalking the length on the sidewalk and measuring the distance?

On tire size, I am finding 8.75R16.5LT M/S are hard to find, most dealers around me do not carry half sizes. How does one find which tires are compatible? Can you go up a size, like on car tires?

akjimny

Re: Question on Length and tire sizing...

Hi Karen and welcome to the RVUSA Forum. I went to Tirerack.com and poked in your tire size. They have Firestone tires in your size for $141.00 each. TiresPlus also has Firestones at $155.00 each - buy 3 get one free.

These are two national tire dealers. Your profile doesn't say where you are, but you should be able to find one near you. I also tried to find your tires at Sears, Costco and Walmart, but they didn't carry them.

The other alternative would be to buy new rims and tires. I'm not expert enough to advise you on that, though. Maybe one of the others on the forum will have more info.

Hope this helps some and welcome to the wonderful world of RVing. :) :)

H2H1

Welcome Karen, does your Dodge Cobra have any type of number and letters on the side. The reason I ask that question is mine is a 36 B South wind. this is telling me it is 36 'long and the B is the style/type. I hope this helps you out,

Good luck and happy camping

Triple E

I have had two motor homes. Both were measured from fender to bumber. Hope this helps. Also welcome to the forum.

dragon

Thank you for your advice on where to obtain tires, Just bought mine at firestone at a fantastic price. Although, I had to go somewhere else to have them put on.

akjimny

Glad it worked out for you. Check the posts under "Destinations" about the 2011 Meet & Greet. We'd love to see you there. :cool: :cool: :) :)

H2H1

Jim does this mean you are coming?