R-Vision Trail CruiserModel #TC524RL

Screenplayer123

Hi everyone... Am new to this site and to RV's. since I have never before purchased an rv am looking at this particular model, but can't find any pic's of the inside of this one, and when I go to R-Vision's website they don't let you search for the model your interrested in? Can anyone direct me to a website that can show me what one looks like on the inside. Thanks...

Screenplayer123

Re: R-Vision Trail CruiserModel #TC524RL

Hi Shorty.... First thanks for the posting. OOO... By the way what does DP stand for? I should have said that the RV I am looking at is a 5th wheel. Thanks to your posting I have another place to look at...I will check out that usarv page. Anyway...I would still like to hear from this Forum about my chioce of RV. I want for the first RV to be a good choice any insite that you can think of would be greatly appreciated (ie construction, insurance, fiancing, what questions to ask at the dealership). But for now, all I can do is dream and doing my research as we are about a yr or two from buying. I'm a retired vet 51 and married. I am what you would say am Mr. Mom around the house HaHa... But
i wouldn't have it any other way. My wife still works though. I look forward to the day that we are traveling...relaxing around a roaring campfire, under the stars, with a glass of wine with the misses at my side.

hertig

'Diesel Pusher', I would suspect. These tend to be the 'ultimate' in motor homes.

Shorty

Yep, that's it. DP=Diesel Pusher. Been thinkin' about upgrading for a while. Have had a 32' class A gas (same one) since 94. Has 112k on it now and would like to upgrade. Wife wants a slide, but many of the coaches are not built with 6'6" drivers in mind. Once the slide is in, there's no room. Moving to a DP even w/o a slide would still give us more room.
So far I've got it narrowed down to:
Tiffin, National, Newmar, Country Coach, Monaco & Beaver.
Lookin for used and an engine before they went electronic (1999).
But I am still researching.

hertig, how do you like your CCoach??

Shorty

hertig

I like the layout and interior a lot. No partical board! The 2 sinks and 2 medicine cabinets are a life saver. So far all the major components and fittings seem to be top quality and work great. The frame and fit is top notch. There are some quirks though. For instance, the Propane detector detects things other than propane (they all do) and once it triggers, can't be shut off except by pulling the fuse (hopefully they don't all do this). The plastic compartment latches break on average of 1 per month. They are 'looking for replacements' for these, but haven't found any yet.

So, I like it a lot although it is not perfect. To get the 'right' RV, you need both one which meets your needs, and one of good quality. The best RV in the world won't do for you if it does not fit your needs, and the perfect RV for you is of no use if it spends all its time in the shop.

DL Rupper

Hey Screenplayer123, welcome to the forum. It doesn't sound like R-Vision is buyer friendly. I think I would look elsewhere if the manufacturer doesn't want to provide info and specs on his merchandise. :(

Screenplayer123

Thanks Hertig and DL for the advice... I appreciate it. DL...I did get a brochure on there products and everything looked OK to me, but what looks good to me and what a quality 5th wheel should be are two different things. I'm just not sure what to look for...know what I mean?Is there a way of looking at it in more detail.... any ideas.It is not listed under that RV.org cd listing? The dealership that has the 5th wheel has been in business for a very long time, and is a huge dealership, it has over 300 rv's and a very e

DL Rupper

I'm not really familiar with R-Vision so it's hard to say one way or another on their products or manufacturing methods, quality control and parts supplied by other vendors. Most all RV manufactures get their major appliances from a select few companies i.e. Dometic, Suburban, Atwood, Norcold, Hydro Flame etc. It might not hurt to get some brochures/info from other high quality 5th Wheel manufactures and compare their manufacturing specifications and standard/optional equipment and accessories. Carriage, Nuwa, Excel, Alpenlite, Sunny brook Gulf Stream and Montana would probably make good comparisons. I haven't heard anything bad about R-Vision that I can recall, but by the same token I haven't heard anything good either. Maybe they are off everyones radar screens. :eek: