Recommendations

JW07

Can anyone recommend a good place to stay in Branson, Mo for a couple of days? A camp ground that is close to all of the activities, setup to handle motorhomes, spaces wide enough to extend your slides and awnings, and one that doesn't cost an arm or leg? Would be interested in the groups suggestions.

JW07 :

TexasClodhopper

Re: Recommendations

We stayed in the American RV park last year. They have a shuttle that will take you where you want to go, too.

I can tell you we had a little trouble finding a space that was level enough for us to use (I use blocks for leveling.) Had to change spots once. It kind of goes down a hill.

A really nice park, other than that. We actually got a "taxi" to take us a little ways down the road to a magic show for the kids. And she came back for us after the show! She was one of the members of a musical group just trying to make ends meet between "gigs".

DARLING

Welcome JW

A friend told me about Branson Schenanigans RV park. They said that they paid like 35 a nite , full hookup.

Don't know from personal experience though. Just 2nd hand.

Darlin :cool:

JW07

Clodhopper;

Thanks for the G-2 on the American RV Park! I'll check it out for sure! But, if you had trouble with leveling your coach, I will have the same because my rig is on the same chassis as yours. I have a 06 Coachman 30" Mirada! Good coach but like yours, its drinks gas!

Thanks again,

JW07 :)

TexasClodhopper

JW, the first site was not level side to side. I don't handle that very well, because I don't carry enough of those orange things to do the rear wheels.

We can usually find a spot on the site where the passenger side is lower a bit, so when the slide comes out on the driver's side we're either level or slightly down.

Anyway, like Darlin says, there are quite a few places to stay around Branson.

Also, we went out to Table Rock Lake and stayed at the only RV park that is right on the water. We stayed extra days there. Someday, I'd like to pull my boat up there to explore that lake. Wow!

JW07

Clodhopper, sounds like you prefer Table Rock Lake RV park over American RV! Is this the case? I looked up Table Rock Lake Park and it is on the water but not too close to the activity. Is there a shuttle available that will run you back and forth? It looks like they have boat rentals as well!

After looking at the write up on Table Rock Park sounds like it would be more enjoyable just sitting by the lake and watching the sun sets rather than attending the shows! :laugh: It would probably be less costly and help defer some of the cost for gas!

To level side to side, I've worked out a combination of those "yellow things", wooden blocks, and jacks. So far, they seem to do the job. Being new to this world of camping, I'm still learning. As a novice, I'm still looking for the prop wash!
:laugh:

Your views kind sir would be appreciated!

JW07

TexasClodhopper

And don't call me "sir", you'll ruin my reputation! :clown:

I should have been more clear. After we did the Branson thing, we stayed at Table Rock. The park is near Kimberling City. Lots of good two-lane winding roads into it and out of it. Since we were headed south to Little Rock, we went out of there across the lake. It's a neat drive.

There's a picture of the lake in my album.

JW07

Thank you for the information! Table Rock Lake looks like a place where you could get lost for several days and enjoy the fishing! Your house boat pictures were nice as well!

Thanks again,

JW07 :cool:

TexasClodhopper

The houseboat was one of those things we wanted to do LONG before we even had an RV.

Lake Oachita in Arkansas is someplace we'll be going back to.

I still can feel that cold water as I slid down the slide!

(No pictures were allowed to protect the innocent that might see them! :laugh: )

utmtman

We have stayed at Shenanigans, the problem I had there was its the side of a hill and you have to go down or up hill going in and out. The spaces are sideways on the side of the hill. We now stay at ABC americas best on the north side of town. Nice park, lots of spaces, free wifi, and they do have tickets for shows as well. Five minutes to anywhere in town, and you are far enough away from the crowds and noise to be happy.

DARLING

Like I said No personal experience at Shenanigans but I am glad that you gave us the true scoop on it.

Thanks Darlin :cool:

utmtman

YW tex, we travel to Branson as often as possible. Love the shows and feel great the way they treat us veterans. Gotta luv all them discounts. lol

utmtman

Here is a link to all the rv park links in branson and elsewhere in missouri. Good luck and have fun.

G

hey Lee u forgot one thing THE LINK ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :eek: :eek: :eek:

dggreer

RE: Recommendations

I go to Branson about 3 or 4 times a year and prefer oak grove campground. It is just off 76 on the hiway going to tablerock dam. Its location alows me to access all the back roads to avoid the jam on 76. Have a good time.

G

Hey Jim :bleh: :bleh: :bleh: :8ball: :8ball: :evil:
what I"M pickey ,, ( more Mh stuff to worry about) not me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;) :eek: :eek: :clown: :clown: :8ball: :8ball: