Reefer and LP underway

pberman

In the past, when my coach had no generator, I used LP while driving in areas in the South. Although I have a generator in my present rig, since we drive a great deal on our vacations, using the generator would require oil change 3/4 times during a trip.

I therefore installed an inverter with a 10 amp rated 3-way switch (closed-open-closed), so that I could use either my inverter (600w) or the normal motorhome 110V circuit to power the reefer. I could also turn off electricity completely if necessary. I have used this setup for two years with no problem..

I was a bit concerned about the sawtooth wavefrom from the inverter (new ones can provide a true sine-wave form, but they are pricey), but found no problems stemming from that source.

smoking1

Reefer and LP underway

I was a bit concerned about the sawtooth wavefrom from the inverter (new ones can provide a true sine-wave form, but they are pricey), but found no problems stemming from that source.

WHy would you be concerned?All the 110 powers is the element itself.
It(the element) doesn't require clean current.No reason for you to be concerned.....Unless you're trying to run a computer or something similar......You're good to go.
The refer controls are all 12 volt..........Powered by your battery/and convertor.....the element is the only thing using the 110.