Reese 16K clunking

Gasman

Any tips other than the old bungy cord to stop the pivot head from clunking back & forth when not hitched up.

2000 Silverado 6L 4x4 XC/LB 3.73 2002 Jayco Qwest 253B

Southstl

Reese 16K clunking

Gasman, I know this is a little bit late...."BUT", Reese-Drawtite has a pivot head lockout. Part number 6010. Says it fits 16K only.

Hope that helps

Steve

'01 f250 CC PSD
'00 Rockwood TT
2 minature Dachshunds
http:// www.texasboomers.org

wittmeba

Reese 16K clunking

When I installed my Reese, it had 2 small rubber bumpers in the kit. They are about 1" in height and 1" in diameter. They sit under the head on the cross member (from leg to leg). If I tip the hitch head forward I can make contact with these bumpers and the hitch stops moving. There is just enough friction to hold everything in place.

These bumpers are nothing special. I suspect anything similar would work in their place. They just attach with 1 small 10/32 screw/nut onto the cross member in existing holes.

Bruce A. Wittmeier
Home: MikeBrandn@aol.com
2001 Ford F250 PSD, Ext cab, Shortbed, Island Blue/Silver, 4X4 Off-road, SOF Auto, Alum Wheels, Chrome Step, Line-X bedliner, Reese 16K slider, Jordan Ultima 2020, AirLift Airbags, Sunnybrook 30RKFS

Edited by - wittmeba on Jun 06 2002 09:24:41 AM

Tom33857

Reese 16K clunking

I had a cluncking problem both when towing and when uncoupled. Switched to a gooseneck adapter and completely eliminated the problem.
Several manufactures are available. I selected the adjustable unit shown at gooseneckadapter.com because I needed a really short unit when pulling with a flat bed truck. Then easily adjusted for my standard pickup.