refrigerator replacement

Dennis Pace

My Norcold refrigerator has stopped operating in gas/electric mode. I am told by rv repair facility that it cannot be repaired, but must be replaced at cost of $1000.00 plus. I am thinking of purchasing a small electrical unit from Home Depot or Best Buy and replacing the Norcold with it. I know I will lose the gas function and that is ok. Does anyone have any suggestions and have you solved the problem in this way? Is this a reasonable solution? Thanks. Dennis dvpace1@netzero.com

C Nash

refrigerator replacement

Dennis, did the repair facility tell you what was wrong with the unit? Get a second opinion. Will it not light on gas? Has it lost freon or amonia? I see no reason you could not install a small unit if you can get by w/o the gas function and save the 800 bucks + difference. Pay for a lot of nights camping.

larryccf1

RE: refrigerator replacement

have you considered contacting Norcold direct to see if they have a repair dept and possibly a reconditioning service?

C Nash

Re: refrigerator replacement

Hey larryccf1, welcome to the forum but, I sure hope Dennis has got his rv fixed by now. Notice the posted date was 3/9/2004. Hope he did as you advised though. Sure would be great if all would come back and post what they did. :)

elkhartjim

Way to go Chelse...poke fun right off the bat to the newcomer. Heck, I almost chimed in, but then again, I'm bored.

C Nash

I can't believe I even caught it but that's ok larry we all have done it :approve: Hey Jim, better have tough skin if you get on here :laugh:

larryccf1

actually i hadn't noticed, but won't be the first time something like that got past me -

larryccf1

actually i hadn't noticed, but won't be the first time something like that got past me -

C Nash

Larry, Don't worry about it. Maybe Dennis went to sleep and your post will bring him back to fill us in on what he did :laugh: