refrigerator

weglidden

I have a Norcold model 562, it is two way, propane and AC. It is not working in either mode. When i try to light it in propane mode and turn on the ignitor switch, the green light indicator, does not light, indicating it is not getting 12 volt power, a multimeter check shows it is getting 12 volt power, any thoughts..Doc.G.

ARCHER

refrigerator

I would first check on the AC issue. Check your fuses to make sure they have not tripped. Next, check to make sure your LP line is turned on and LP is getting to the ignitor. Lastly, and don't laugh....is it turned on?

Ed H.

refrigerator

While I usually don't jump right to the circuit board, this time I will. Is there any kind of fuse or reset on the circuit board? Are you checking for 12 volts where the refrigerator connects to the trailer's wiring harness or at the circuit board?
A bad connection can drive you batty. Sometimes you can get a reading on a volt meter, but there is enough resistance to keep even a small load from operating.
I know Norcold has had some recalls over the years, but I'm not sure which models.
One other thought: does this unit have any kind of high temperature safety switch near the burner? If it does, that could be your problem.

ARCHER

refrigerator

I believe there are fuses behind the circuit board in rear of Norcold frig's. Ed, good idea to check them. Doc G, said it is a two way....AC and LP. Another thought is the plug in in the rear compartment. I had this problem and it drove me nuts. Thought I needed a new board but found the outlet was bad. Replaced it with regular outlet and it has worked for three years now.

Kirk

refrigerator

The 12V problem is one to look at closely. It takes 12V power to operate the control circuit board and the refrigerator will not operate on 120V-AC without the 12V-DC being available for the control board. Check the power to that board, at the board itself. And make sure that the connections are all good.

weglidden

refrigerator

Kirk, thanks for the reply about the fridge, where is the control board for the fridge..excuse my rookiness...p.s....love your website...Doc.G

ARCHER

refrigerator

Believe it is located under the frig. Access is through the outside vent area. Same place you have the gas line / Burner, but is located on the left side of the compartment. Should be able to see writing on outside of it and is normally black in color...fuses underneath, etc. At least this is where mine is located. Hope this helps :)