Reliable Does Work

DL Rupper

I spent a couple of days last week jawing with Kenneth at Grandview Trailer Sales in Bedford, VA and he demonstrated his recommended RV cleaner (RELIABLE) on a really dirty RV. It seemed to work, so I bought 2 spray bottles of it. I just finished cleaning my RV and danged if the stuff isn't the best product I've ever used. All you have to do is spray it on full strength and let it sit for 30 seconds and then use a bucket of soapy water and an long RV extended sponge to slop it down and around and then rinse it off. Bingo clean RV. IT REALLY WORKS. :laugh:

dennis1949

Re: Reliable Does Work

I use a product called "Awesome" from the dollar tree. Use it the same way with the same results and a whole lot cheaper

OpenRoads

Have to agree!!! Awesome $1

That's one dolla!

Don't use it very often, and only on the dirtiest dirt. It likes to take the wax off, and right now. Works great on the awning, and easy, spray on rinse off.

Glad you found a product you like. There are many out there!

G

where was it u stayed DL ??? I knida had a brain fart,, sorry for the language :( :)

Grandview Trailer Sa

DL, Thanks for the good plug about Reliable. We have tried to find cleaners better, but cannot. Reliable will not harm paint or decals, be careful of the other stuff.

When the owner of that nasty trailer arrived, afer your left, he wanted to know what those clean spots were. I told him and he bought some Reliablebefore he left.

DL Rupper

Hey 730, Check out Walnut Hills RV in Staunton, VA. The one about the best rated RV Park in VA. If you want a nice review try Bob Evans Farm RV Park in Rio Grande, OH. :laugh: :approve:

GTS, no problem on the Reliable. Danged if the RV clean RV didn't make me feel guilty about waxing, so I'm all tired and my body hurts and I still have another day's worth of work to do. :eek:

Kirk

Ken at Grandview got me to try "Reilable" a year or so ago and I consider that to have been a favor. I got a gallon of concentrate from him and it is the very best cleaner that I have ever used. I have now given away my collection of "Black Streak Removers" because none of them really do much but if you follow the instructions on the bottle and make a concentrate mix in a spray bottle, that does the job more easily than any other product I know of. And I now use it for cleaning the bugs from the nose of our motorhome while traveling too! But the worst thing about the product is that my wife just borrowed my spray bottle and next trip to Wal-Mart I'll have to buy another as mine now has Pam's name on it. She says that "Reliable" is her new kitchen cleaner. She just today used it to clean the stove top and so it looks as though I will soon be looking to buy more. No more orange stuff that softens paint for us. We are just about a "one cleaner family."

Grandview Trailer Sa

I'm tell'n ya that Reliable will clean anything you want clean. From the sides of your RV, to the Awning, to your grill, to your kitchen countertop, to your boat. Anything you want.

The mattress I use in my trailer was delivered with what looked like grease stains on it. I sprayed Reliable on it and wiped it with a paper towel. Looks like nothing was ever on it.

Dollar store things just don't cut it. I have tried them too!!!

Shadow

Hey DL, you gave such a convincing testimonial on Reliable I had to order me some from GTS. Think you could stop by and do a demonstration. I'll supply the lawn chairs and drinks. :laugh: :clown:

DL Rupper

Hey Shadow, sorry I won't be able to stop by as I'm incapacitated from waxing the RV. I have been on pain pills for a week now thanks to Kenneth at GTS. Reliable does tend to strip out the old, old wax so a new coat is required. I plan to only use it on the front and rear caps fairly often as I tend to wax them frequently. I will only use it on the sides of the RV once or twice a year. ;) :eek: :bleh: :approve:

Kirk

DL,

If you use the concentrate it will remove the wax but I have mixed in in a bucket at the strength suggested for general washing and have never had the wax effected at all. I use a mix of about 1/10 or so as a bug remover on the nose of the RV all of the time with no wax removal at all. How strong did you mix what you used?

DL Rupper

Kirk, I used it full strength. I sprayed it straight out of the bottle and then swished it around with some soapy water on a long handled sponge. Worked too good. Actually the wax had never been stripped off before. I will dilute it next time and see what happens. Thanks.

Shadow

Thanks guys, good info. You can still stop by DL, the offer on the cool drink is still open. Just let us know so I can clean the yard of Fords. :eek: :laugh:

C Nash

Shadow, after DL left you would have to wash all that Dodge diesel fumes off the fords again :laugh: Doubt even Reliable would get it all off :eek: :evil:

DL Rupper

Hey Shadow, we get by Texas every now and then. We'll stop by next time. If you get a whiff of the of sweet Dodge diesel fumes it will change you forever. Why, I'll bet Kenneth at GTS is still remembering how good the Red Dodge diesel that stopped by a couple of weeks ago smelled. Wouldn't surprise me if he didn't run right out and trade his GMC's in on new Dodge Rams. :laugh: :approve:

G

I bet GTS could market u'r diesel fumes ,, heck i think even camping world would like a shot at it :clown: :clown: :laugh: :8ball:

H2H1

Hey Ken has the re-order came in yet? with all this buzz about the product I will have to try it. Just let me know when it come in. I sent you an e-mail a few nights ago . did you get it? keep me in mind with it does. happy sales& rv'ing

Hollis

John Harrelson

I have never heard of nor ever used the "Reliable" cleaner solution, so I can't comment one way or the other about it....

However, I have used "Awesome" cleaner from the local Dollar Tree store and it is absolutely fantastic... I have not found anything that Awesome will not clean....

I'll keep an eye out for the "Reliable" cleaner the next time I go to the Dollar Tree store give it a try if it's the same price as the Awesome cleaner.

Is the name "Reliable" the only name it is sold under or is there another name depending on which store you are shopping in ?

I's always good to have an alternate cleaner on hand when traveling, especially if there is no Dollar Store around..

Thanks,
John

C Nash

John, I have also found that Awesome will really take the crud off but as with anything I would recommend using on a small area first to see if it will harm whatever I am cleaning. You can't beat the price and if you use it full strength you will need to wax after using. It will get the black streaks and works on awnings. Also cleans aluminum.