Remote Thermostat?

onthecoach

Hello All,

I am trying to find something called a 'remote thermostat'. I am told I can plug a small heater into this device and them plug the 'thermostat' into my AC power.

This will be a great way to keep the dump bay warm enough, but not TOO HOT, during the winter.

I have looked online, but have not found anything even close to this....anybody have any direction on this??

Thanks!

H2H1

Re: Remote Thermostat?

But will it work with a space heater? I, like Lynn would like to keep a small electric space heater on during the winter months to keep the inside warm and the moisture out. I keep mine winterized during the winter months, but would like to keep it warm inside as well.

TexasClodhopper

The Honeywell specs say, "Electrical Ratings: 16A (3800W) max, 2A (500W) min at 240 Vac, 60 Hz".

I think it is more appropriate, because the temperature setting is adjustable.

jc2

We have a place at one of the Mo lakes that has our pressure tank inside a small bathroom. Even though we shut off the water and put rv anti-freeze in the toilet and sink traps for the winter we usually dont' drain the pressure tank. We have a 1500W electric heater set on high and plug this into the Thermo Cube. We have used this setup for several years and have encountered not problems as the heater will come on at 36-38 degrees and off at 45-48 degrees. Even you need more finite temp control, then the device mentioned by TexasClodhopper would do. :)