Removing Roof Plastic Coat

Terry6

Does anyone have any tips on removing Roof plastic coat from seems and around vent covers. I do this every year, and man what a pain. Thanks for any help.

Gary B

Hi Terry6, it is as you say a real pain, I would suggest that after you get it removed this year, try a self leveling caulk (on the level surfaces) such as Dyco 20/20 or Dyco C-10 on the seams, clean all the areas first with denatured alohcol, after the seams are set up then go over them with Dyco 20/20 seam seal in the qts. paint it on with a 2" paint brush and then next yr all you'll have to do is check the seams and just paint a light coat of the 20/20 seam seal on or you maybe able to go 2 yrs. For vertical surfaces and over the tops of windows use a product called Pro-flex / Geocel it is available at most home improvement places or at rv service centers. Good luck. :) :laugh: :cool: :bleh: ;) :approve:

gtab01

I have found a peel & stick product designed for such an application. It is called Eternabond and has three different types, white, black or polyester surfaces are available usually at rv part outlets. The polyester surface has to be coated with an acrylic coating. The white and black need no further coatings and will last longer than moast rv roofing materials.
All the old caulk should be removed and cleaned, (a small amount of spray brake partscleaner works well.) Remove the release film and applybeing carefull not to let it stick to itself. Apply firm presuure to the surface. Presuure is what makes it stick. It is a bio-degradable adhesive with no petrolium products. It virtually sticks to any suface except silica sand, so if your roof is an EPDM membrane, make sure you clean it well to remove anyexcess silica sand.
I believe their website is www.eternabond.com
Gerry :) :cool:

andrewuser

I think you can take home improvement services https://ikhomepros.com/home-improvement/ and rely on them. There are big chances that they would solve your problem once and you wouldn't be in need to reiterate one and the same work from year to year.
Professional craftsmen can have professional solutions, but before trust them the improvement of your home read the reviews in the Internet about them and ask for some warranty whether they can offer.