renovating help!!??

medic142

First of I'm new to the site, I recently bought an '73 Aristocrat, with some interior damage( water, owner, etc...) I thought it would be a good idea to renovate the inside, now that I've got most of it out I'm not so sure of the wiring, plumbing systems that I wanted to upgrade. I've also tried to find an old owners manual with no luck. Does anyone have any ideas or first hand knowledge before I screw something up. Help Please. Thanks in advance

DL Rupper

Re: renovating help!!??

Hey medic 42, welcome to the forum. Check out classic forum. Maybe Browzin can help you out.

Browzin

RE: renovating help!!??

medic142
Which model Aristocrat are you upgrading/restoring? The orignal owners manual for them was very basic, didn't really offer much info.
I have a couple of different Aristocrat travel trailers as well as a Aristocrat Truck camper. Might be able to offer a little help, I'm presently restoring a Lo-liner that I bought a couple of years ago on a whim. (actually couldn't pass it up for the price.)

PattieAM

When renovating, please be sure to take into consideration the layout of the original unit as well as weight of replacement materials as you might offset the balance and have sway/other issues when towing. Best wishes!

H2H1

HI MEDIC 142, WELCOME ALSO. first thing I would do is take picture of what you have and try to go back as close as you can to balance out the weight. There are quite a few of experts on this forum that will be nice about answering some of your questions. But you have to be patient as they do then to go off on other things :laugh: :laugh: . anyway happy camping once you get it renovated.

fixinvintage

Hi...I am new today and was going to ask the same type of question. My interior of my TT is very brittle. I was thinking about just going over it with a T&G type of light paneling. Anyone ever done that?

SHANNON

A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO I GOT PULLED ASIDE BY A FRIEND WHO ASKED IF I WOULD LIKE A CAMPER, OK'' WE LEAVE AT 8:30PM AND FIND THIS THING AT 9 WHATS WRONG WITH IT ( THE FLOOR ) IS GONE-WHAT DO YOU MEAN --

ITS A 1980 22' HERITAGE - THEY USED STYROFOAM AS A FLOOR AND LAMINATE 1/8 '' VENEER WHOA''' ITS GONE ALRIGHT ITS DUST'''

IM ABOUT A 1/3 WAY THREW REBIULDING THE FLOOR WITH 1X4s AND 1/2'' PLYWOOD AND PUTTING IN THE 2X2s AND REALISE IM AT A DEAD STOP IM RUNNING INTO THE SHOWER AND LOWER CABINET FOR THE STOVE, CRAP NOW WHAT'''''
THE FLOOR IS STILL GOOD BETWEEN THE FRONT OF THE STOVE AND THE CLOSET AND THE BACK NEEDS TO BE REBUILT YET I AM THINKING OF USEING A CARRAGE SLIP BETWEEN THE GAP SO I DONT DISTURBE THE REST OF THE FLOOR WHERE ITS STILL GOOD AND DOESNT NEED REPAIR - ITS A FLAT PEICE OF METAL THAT BASICALLY REACHES A FOOT IN EITHER DIRECTION OF THE HOLE AND IS SCREWED TO THE NEW OR EXISTING FLOOR AND CARRYS THE WEIGHT OVER THE AREA,

ALSO THERES NO AC OR MICRWAVE I NEED HELP HERE BAD,,,