replacing belts on 1990 allegro

Rosie03

1990 allegro motor home; 454 GMC . We don't know how to change the belts and also wonder if there is a diagram we could look up. Are the belts all the same size, as in, if the 454 were in a truck or motor home? This home has been setting for quite some time, maybe a year; we're trying to get it in shape to be used again. Not even sure I'm doing the right thing by posting this. New to the site and saw some questions, but didn't see one like mine. If I'm not supposed to be on this forum, could someone kindly re-direct me? Thanks so much.

Triple E

Re: replacing belts on 1990 allegro

Sorry about missing this post. Yes you should be on this site, this is what this forum is all about. WELOCME. The seat belts should be bolted through the floor. Your will have to crawl under the home to find the nuts. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

C Nash

Think he is talking about the engine belts Steve. Welcome to the forum Sharon. Might get more response if you posted under general discussion section. Best way to get replacements is take them off and go to local parts house assuming they are still on. Take digital camera pictures of how they are on will help when re installing. Doubt that you will find a diagram of them. If it's a serpetine belt there may be a diagram somewhere on the radiator shroud. Good luck

Triple E

Sorry and thank you nash. I am starting to be like Hollis. I know I seen Seat Belts in there someplace. :laugh: :laugh:

C Nash

Steve hate to tell you but it'll get worse as you age :laugh:

H2H1

NOW how in the heck did I get into that conversation????:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: . I know you just like picking on me and Rod.

Triple E

Speaking of Rod, is he still covered with snow? That has to pretty hard on him. :laugh: :laugh:

H2H1

yes he is and he is loving it to. I know he will say he hates it, but that is his story he is telling us to keep us off guard