Replacing sink in Jayco 199

Blueeyes

We are planning on purchasing our first tt this Friday. It is a Jayco Sport 199 & it only has a single sink in the kitchen & no lavatory. How difficult would it be for us to intall a double sink ourselves. We are not skilled plumbers.!
Also, I would like to replace the black water holding tank. Does this require welding or is it attached with bolts. I don't like the idea of empyting a tank someone else has used.
Thanks for any help. I usually don't get any reponse to my questions but I would really appreciate any help before I commit to buying this trailer.

LEN

Re: Replacing sink in Jayco 199

As to sink replacement if there is room it's not all that hard but take a close look at what you have and what you need to get the new in. Size would be the first issue(must have enough room to cut new hole), then just a little plumbing piping, sneak a look and take pictures of an rv with the sink you want for plumbing. As to the no lavatory and having a black tank????, that's what the black tank is for to hold the POOP-WHIZ. Now if you have a Porta pottie most likely the easiest is replace the whole thing. If you do have a black tank then there is no reason to replace as you never touch the area directly. One uses hoses 3-4" and a dump station wearing rubber disposable gloves.

LEN

Triple E

If your holding tank is clean, why change it. "If it isn't broke don't fix it". The sink, do you have room to add a double sink? If so, can you find a double sink that will fit in the existing hole? If not, then you will have to cut a larger hole. I tend to believe the plumbing would be the easiest part of the whole job but I do not know what kind of room you have under your sink. IMO, I would call a dealer and ask them what is all involved. Good luck and enjoy your travels. :)

:8ball:

C Nash

Blueeyes, sounds like this TT is not really like you want. Maybe you should look a little longer to see if there is one that better fits what you want. Plenty out there and half the fun is looking. JMO

outdoors4ever

with a few basic power tools you can do this easily, just measure how much room you have available, check under the sink to confirm. order a double sink off line or from a dealer and install. Its not that tough. youll need a jig saw or sawzz all, misc pipe wrenches, silicone, water pump pliers and plumbing supplies. good luck!

G

what no lake shore rv center link ??? :eek: :eek: :eek: