Restrictions on Class B vans using campsites

philjcoates

I'm looking to buy an 18.5' Dodge Xplorer. I understand that such a vehicle could camp in most ordinary campsites. I'm planning a long trip mainly visiting national parks winter months. I want to be able to stay at regular campsites in the parks and not have to go looking for RV sites.

Can anyone tell me what the regulations are about what restrictions might apply to using RVs on national park camps. (I'm obviously not thinking about the ones that only a back packer can get to)

Any feedback about my choice of van would be appreciated. £10000 for 1989 van with 125000 miles on the clock. I'm new here and I've not been able to find any guide price/blue book information.

hertig

I went to www.nadaguides.com and without marking any options, came up with an average retail price of $11430 with 95K - 100K miles. They don't even list a price for 125K miles. So, in the US, I'd expect to pay $9000 or less to a private seller, or perhaps $10,500 to a dealer. So, that price may be a bit much, although certainly it is possible the UK market is significantly higher than the US market. Or it could have a lot of options to boost its value.

jimspeer

quote:Originally posted by philjcoates

I'm looking to buy an 18.5' Dodge Xplorer. I understand that such a vehicle could camp in most ordinary campsites. I'm planning a long trip mainly visiting national parks winter months. I want to be able to stay at regular campsites in the parks and not have to go looking for RV sites.

Can anyone tell me what the regulations are about what restrictions might apply to using RVs on national park camps. (I'm obviously not thinking about the ones that only a back packer can get to)

Any feedback about my choice of van would be appreciated. £10000 for 1989 van with 125000 miles on the clock. I'm new here and I've not been able to find any guide price/blue book information.

jimspeer

We have for sale a 1988 Dodge Xplorer with about 82,000 miles on it. The engine is either a 318 or 360. The unit is self- contained. There is a furnace, air conditioning, nearly new generator, 3 way refrigerator. It has an automatic 727 transmission. It runs well, and it is clean and in good condition. It has a new battery. We are asking $12,000 or best offer. You may contact us by email or phone us at 308-762-1926. We do have pictures we could email to you.