Retractable beds

JRW

Does anyone know of a Class A with a bed system similar to the Safari Trek? The Trek has a bed that lowers down from the roof. Also I'd be interested in anyone's experience with a Safari Trek. Thanks.

TexasClodhopper

Re: Retractable beds

The Trek has that arrangement because it is too small. A Class A is much larger, so all you have to do is walk to the bedroom and fall into bed. Look Ma no cables!

JRW

I thought that the Trek was a class A. Too big or too small depends on the user. I have a 21' class C. It's perfect for my wife and I and our 130 pound dog for now. We're not full timers. The shorter rv allows us to travel the back roads. We never travel the main freeways.

Kirk

The Trek is a class A motorhome but the lack of a bedroom makes it unique and to my knowledge, it is the only motorhome of it's kind. We had an 87 Allegro that had a retractable bed that came down over the driver's seat area and retracted aginst the ceiling when not in use. But that was a second bed and we still had a rear bedroom. The bed that we had was made by some third party and was at one time available in the Winnebago and several other makes as well as the Allegro. I believe that you could also buy one and mount it in your own RV. But I have not seen one of those in a new motorhome for some time. Electro-bed is a trademark of the Trek and I am quite sure there is no other quite like it. The Trek is part of the Safari line and they are built by Monaco who now owns them. I have only known one Trek owner and they were very happy with theirs. But theirs was also built back before Monaco bought the company, if that matters.

TexasClodhopper

JRW: I didn't mean to judge the size of the MH when I wrote "The Trek has that arrangement because it is too small." I just didn't complete my thought. I should have wrote "The Trek has that arrangement because it is too small for a rear bedroom." That's what I was thinking. Technically, I guess it is a Class A.

s.harrington

Not all Treks had retractable beds only the real short ones.(24 -26 ft.). They built them up to 32 feet long and the larger ones had bedrooms. The 28 footers had the bathroom in the rear corner next to the bed. The 30 footer I think was the shortest with a seperate bedroom. I don't remember any over 32 feet.