RINGLING WAS RIGHT!

LOST

I PURCHASED A CLASS A MOTORHOME IN NOV OF 2003. FROM A BUSINESS LISTED ON THIS WEB SITE. I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS WITH IT AND AFTER SEVERAL EXTENDED TRIPS TO THE SERVICE DEPT OF-- HOWARD RV SUPERCENTER ST LOUIS MO----THEY AHVE REFUSED TO SERVICE IT ANY MORE. IN FACT I HAD TO HIRE A WRECKER TO REMOVE THE UNIT FROM THEIR LOT YESTERDAY( SAT AUG 7 2004) IT HAD BEEN IN THEIR POSSION FOR SERVICE I WENT THERE TO PICK IT UP ( 150 MILES ONE WAY) ONLY TO FIND IT HAD NO POWER STEERING OR BRAKES.... THEY WERE KIND ENUFF TO GIVE ME A HALF A-- ED QUOTE ON WHAT IT WOULD COST ME( MEEEEE) TO FIX IT.... THEY WERE DOING A/C WORK FROM A FOILED ATTEMPT PREVIOUSLY AS IT WAS.
ANYWAY I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED IN MY WHAT WAS TO BE MY RV ING DREAM-NOW I AM LOOKING FOR A REPUTABLE MECHANIC TO TRY TO SALVAGE SOME OF MY INVESTMENT.. ANY SUGGESTIONS????????? J. T. :(

rlmurraysr59

RINGLING WAS RIGHT!

First of all, I think it was P.T. Barnum, from Barnum & Bailey Circus, that said, "There is a sucker born every minute!" If that is what you are referring to in the title of your post.

Second, calm down and welcome to the world of Recreational Vehicles. Using all capitals when you type makes it look like you are shouting. Which you probably are, but not at the people in the forums. But all is not lost. Post an answer to your original and include the make and model of your motorhome. The people on here who know anything about your area, include that too, will jump in and suggest where you should take it to have it fixed.

Sounds like someone let the motorhome sit for a long time without servicing it. If it is on a Workhorse chassis you can take it to a Chevy dealer that services Workhorse. If it is on a Ford Chassis you can take it to an authorized Ford dealer. There are also many repair shops out there that take care of big trucks, mid-size, and motorhomes. They are usually a little harder to find but they are out there. The reason they are hard to find is because they are good at what they do and don't have to advertise. They get customers by word of mouth. I found one in Redford, Michigan called Power Supply Company just by chance. They fixed my GM Pickup with no problem.

I had a problem with my airconditioner because of the Intellitec Climate Control unit. I posted the problem in the TalkBack forum and received plenty of suggestions. The air conditioner now works perfectly.

Good Luck to you. I hope you find a solution to your nightmare.

Plant

RINGLING WAS RIGHT!

Hi!Lost I'm sorry you have a problem like you do, not all dealers are this hard to get along with. I was just reading a message from someone, who said they get all their problems listed and go to the factory. Where they are treated very well. What kind of motorhome do you have? Do you know where their factory is? It seems like some of the dealers like to pass the buck when there is a problem. If you bought it new it seems to me you have recourse, if it is used you may have more of a time getting something done. Camping should be fun not a ordeal.

Plant

RINGLING WAS RIGHT!

Hi!Lost I'm sorry you have a problem like you do, not all dealers are this hard to get along with. I was just reading a message from someone, who said they get all their problems listed and go to the factory. Where they are treated very well. What kind of motorhome do you have? Do you know where their factory is? It seems like some of the dealers like to pass the buck when there is a problem. If you bought it new it seems to me you have recourse, if it is used you may have more of a time getting something done. Camping should be fun not a ordeal.