Roadtrek Sprinter

rodigo

My RSA has a problem with the house battery not recharging while plugged in or driving. Any suggestons?

rvtech1

RE: Roadtrek Sprinter

Most likely your forgeting to turn on the battery disconnect switch before plugging in or driving. Also the Inverter has a resetable breaker on it and next to it as well.

Rufus

RE: Roadtrek Sprinter

I'm new to the forum and a little late on this reply. My wife an I recently took a trip to Nova Scotia. I also had what I thought was a battery problem. Turns out that it was. The battery was near dead. Probably caused by storing for a most of the winter. It never occured to me to pull the battery and put it on a trickle-charger for the winter. On the trip, I also had a 70 amp fuse blow. This is fuse is in-line with the vehicle battery and the battery separator. Without it the auxiliary batter won't get charge going down the road. The fuse is located under the hood in front ot the driver. Might have been caused by a surge somewhere along the way.

Rufus

brodavid

Re: Roadtrek Sprinter

Rufus, Welcome to the forum, join in and learn alot
We had seem problem and my husband remembered to turn on the battery switch.

ms jackie

G

Not poking fun at anyone at all ,, but i can not tell u the number of calls that my guys go out on ,, about battery probs ,,, and guess what they usualy find???
The owner hit the house disconnect switch ,, either by accident or becuase it was on ,, i have never charged anyone a call out fee for this cause i know ,, it wasn't their fault :eek: ...
But if u think about it i could be a very wealthy person right now if i did as others do and charge for stupidity (sorry no offense ment) ,,, but as we all know WE HAVE all done a stupid thing once or 3 times in our rving life ;) :approve: :laugh:
Bty welcome to the forum ,, and stay away form this guy brodavid ,, he's a trouble maker :clown: :clown: :laugh: :laugh:
JK brodave ,, we all love u here ,, GET WELL SOON ,, u gotta lot of rv miles to log... :cool: :)

Rufus

None taken 730. The other thing that I found out was that the inverter needs to be in the "charge only" position. Of course, when you're tooling down the road make sure the battery switch on the annunciator panel in the on position. For a while my inverter was in the "remote" position. I got the tip from my dealer. They also ran into a non-charging problem when the showed the Sprinter at RV shows.

DL Rupper

Hey Rufus, welcome to the forum. You getting good mileage with the Sprinter? I assume you are talking about the Dodge Sprinter chassis. Remember Dodge diesel smoke do smell better even if it has a Mercedes diesel engine. :bleh: :approve: ;)

G

Are u switching sides DL :question: :question: :question: :laugh:

DL Rupper

No, but the Mercedes engine is stuffed into a DODGE. So the smoke smell better. You don't see any Ford or GM Class B's with a small diesel (5 cyl). Dodge is way ahead of the game. :approve: :approve: :approve:

TexasClodhopper

DL, yer Dodges are going to become extinct and move across the northern border! You are going to have to start filling out the Canadian map like the USA map! ;) :laugh:

Rufus

Mine's a 2005 Mercedes turbo deisel on a Frieghtliner chassis imported and well configured by Home and Park in Canada. Handles great, lots of pick up and very little side sway with winds coming broadside. Fuel economy is 21 to 22 mpg. I can handle that with the price of deisel. I haven't notice and smell or smoke out my tail pipe. I have a new question that I'll post separately. Deals with transmission.