Rock chips on towed vehicle

CaptainKellen

Hey guys, I m towing a crv and I have noticed a lot of rock chips on the front end. I am wondering what you guys do about this problem? I have seen guys that make shields out of ply wood, but that’s not the look I am going for. Have you guy tried the guardian by road master? Did it work for you? Is there anything else on the market I should know about? Thanks any feedback helps.

G

RE: Rock chips on towed vehicle

what's wrong with plywood??? :) I toad my cj-5 with a custom built piece of plywood on front ,, when i toad my Durango it also has a cutom built plywood front,,, the way i look at it's cheap and very replacable also who cares what it looks like going down the road.. it does it's job,,, right???
It its not a money thing for me (I have money) It's just the ease of replacement,, would u rather spend 7.99 on plywood or 100.00 on the fancy shield u have ,, and then have a really big rock hit and u'r out another 100.00..
Just my opinion though :) :)
BTY use 3/4 inch it last longer :laugh: :laugh:
Sorry should not be this way,, whatever u chose i'm sure it will work for u (just funnaround .. but i do use plywood) :approve:

hertig

Re: Rock chips on towed vehicle

How about those full length 'mud flaps'? for under the motorhome? Or the form fitting, padded covers for the front of the toad?

jc2

CaptainKellen - 7/30/2007 12:07 PM

Hey guys, I m towing a crv and I have noticed a lot of rock chips on the front end. I am wondering what you guys do about this problem? I have seen guys that make shields out of ply wood, but that’s not the look I am going for. Have you guy tried the guardian by road master? Did it work for you? Is there anything else on the market I should know about? Thanks any feedback helps.
Check out this site. The previous owner of our rig says he was impressed with his and the price is reasonable. Unfortunately he kept it for use with his new rig.
http://protectatow.tripod.com/ :(

mns

I have a Protect-a-Tow and nothing has worked better for me. I've been using mine now for over three years and it works as advertised and as mentioned the price was right. http://www.protectatow.com

utmtman

Ive been looking at a car bra/mask but damn 455 bucks is a little out of my price range.

H2H1

I have what is called SOLID ROCK full rear cover that protects my toad. I do have some chips but that was before I installed the shield. I havn't notice any more since I install it. best of luck on which ever you decide to do :cool:

DARLING

Before putting a bra on your toad, it has to be absolutely clean. NO sand, No grit, Nothing.
Anything under the bra wil act like sand paper on the finish. Sister works for car dealer & this is NOT covered by any warrantee.
Darlin :cool:

mns

Protect-a-Tow can be used with a diesel pusher as long as the exhaust doesn't come straight out the back. We use with our DP and it also keeps the rad compartment much cleaner with a lot less grit. Our exhaust comes out on the side about 4 - 6 " from the back of the coach and points downward and to the back.