rockin, trailer

RR614

I own a 30ft Prowler Reagal, after I level out, and stabilize the trailer, we'll go inside and the trailer seems to rock side to side.
I have placed wheel chocks tight against the wheels, trailer jacks mid-way under the frame by the tires, raised the front of the trailer after rear stabilizers were down. Even purchased the chocks that you place between the tires and tighten between the tires. Seems like nothing works. Got any Ideas? :blush:

Grandview Trailer Sa

rockin, trailer

The type of stab. jacks might be the culpret. If you have the type that come down from the center and angle out, they are not the best. If you have indvidual scissor jacks on each corner, I don't have an answer, unless you are just not getting them tight enough. Other than that, it sounds like you are doing the right things, including what I do with mine. There is a new, short, tripod made for trailers like a lot of fifth wheels use on the front kingpins. That might help. I do use a tripod and wheel chocks between the tires and it stabilizes my fifth wheel pretty well.

Kirk

rockin, trailer

No RV is completely stable, particularly if there is still weight on the suspension. And most manufacturers reccomend that it not be completely removed. Even a motorhome wiht leveling jacks will move some when occupied.

hertig

rockin, trailer

Stabilizing jacks 'midway under the frame near the tires' won't help much. You want the stabilization to be at each corner of the frame. On my old 5er, I had 2 electric jacks on the front corners, and 2 manual scissor jacks on the rear corners. Even without deploying the scissors jacks, it was pretty stable from the (chocked) wheels forward. Put down the scissors, and it didn't move much at all.

flyboy1

rockin, trailer

Hey you might try placing large wood blocks( 4x4 or 6x6 ) under your stabilizers. If you shorten up the length of your stabilizers they will be less flexible. If you crank them down so that they have quite a bit of weight that also helps. If you use between wheel chocks and you add them while your tires are still warm try checking them again when your tires cool chances are they will need to be tightened.