Rockport Texas

ARCHER

Shadow, hope you read this. Heading to Rockport Texas just after 20 Feb to spend a month at Watersedge RV park. Heard of it? How is the weather there from end of Feb to end of Mar? Been in Port Isabel/South Padre Island since the end of Nov and just cannot handle the wind and blowing dirt/sand any longer. Temp has been great, but having trouble breathing in this kind of weather. Looks like a really great place to see lots and maybe the weather will treat us a little better there.
Any suggestions on places/things to visit/do? :) :laugh: :cool: ;)

Shadow

Rockport Texas

Hi Archer, not sure of the RV park, but I'll try to get down there in a couple of weeks and give you a heads up. Know they have a bunch of them. Think you might enjoy Rockport,(but I did say the same thing about Padre Island). You're not but about thirty miles from Corpus Christi. Aransas pass is right down the road. Heck,I think they have a gambling cruise ship there that goes out if you like the slots. And you're about three hours from San Antonio. And water water every where to get your fishing in. As far as the temps, you could still get a bit cool but not too bad. And wind,no promises there but would think it couldn't be as bad as Padre. Talk at ya later Archer.

ARCHER

Rockport Texas

Thanks Shadow. Looking forward to spending time there. Not too worried about the temp part....still better than snow, ice and wind chills in the teens/zeros, ha ha

anngorski

Rockport Texas

I believe friends of ours are at Arnasas, tell me it is great. Wish I was there instead of being back in MD. I'll find out for sure where they are because I know "Momma loves it" and "if Momma's not happy, no one is happy". I envy all of you full-timers. My found doggie that I have decided to keep still doesn't have a name :-( Any suggestions for the minature american eskimo that I found at Ho Hum? Come on Archer, be creative :) Ann

ARCHER

Rockport Texas

Is it a male or female? If male, maybe Sasquatch or if female, Sassy.....or maybe hummer or hummy.....ha ha.... :approve: ;)

Shadow

Rockport Texas

Hi ARCHER, Headed to Matagorda and Rockport. Will update you when we get back. Bays blowed out even in Matagorda,not sure if we'll get any fishing in. Will check on RV park for you. :cool:

ARCHER

Rockport Texas

Shadow, did you make it home yet? Any luck looking at the Water's Edge Park? How was the temp up there? Bay? Just anxious to find out if our choice was a decent one. Did talk to a fellow RVer here that has stayed at Water's Edge and said it was fine. Thanks for checking for me.... ;)

Shadow

Rockport Texas

Hi ARCHER, we did find the park. It's on the Fulton Beach Road, which runs parallel to 35. Don't think you made a bad choice. Did that fella mention anything about the sites being kind of small? Place was well kept, and everyone there was friendly. You're across the road from the water (can't see the water from your site or from the others either), but the park has their own pier to fish from. The camp host said the wind there was nothing like Padre. Said they even had days it didn't blow at all. :laugh: If you want to talk more about the park and things to do in general, I'll e'mail you my cell phone #.

ARCHER

Rockport Texas

Shadow,
Thanks so much for the info. Did you purchase a new boat while there? Appreciate it a lot that you took the time to visit the park and provide all that good info. Our Winnebago is right at 33 foot long and we have a tow dolly I normally store right behind it with the tongue underneath the back of MH and then of course, the car either out front or beside. Hope I can fit that into the site. What do you think? We can't see any water here in Port Isabel so not being able to see the water is not a big deal. Maybe we can get together sometime while we are there (20 Feb-20Mar)in Rockport. We are gonna visit San Antonio, and some other places Mrs. has looked up. Thanks again. :) :laugh: :cool: ;)

Shadow

Rockport Texas

ARCHER, they gave me your site number. It backs up to a fence and it's across from like a circle drive. Site 88 was open and looked to have more room. All the sites in the middle seem to have a little more space for sitting outside. Site 12 was open and you could see the water,but was right in the middle of the Y close to the entrance. Be sure to go to Port Aransas. You'll need the big rods there! :laugh: :bleh: ;)