roof

chaz58

I have a 2008 Fleetwood Discovery with a fiberglass roof. The area around the rear a/c has two bubbles, one in front of the a/c and one to the left approx. 3"W x 8"L. I don't have any leakage inside the motorhome and was wondering if this is something I should worry about or let it ride.

Grandview Trailer Sa

Re: roof

Worry, I could be wrong but if it is what I interpret your description to be, it is delamination. Heat from the sun is releasing the glue that holds the fiberglass to the luan it is glued too. Moisture can also cause this, even though you may not see it....yet.

H2H1

the roof may still be under warranty, so got get it checked out. Like Ken said you do need to worry, get it fixed as soon as you can, this will stop any further damage.

Triple E

Yes you have a problem. Sounds like they used chopped glass and sprayed it on instead of lying the fiber cloth and rolling it down. More chance of air pockets. Air pockets will cause break down like Ken is stating. Not Good. Sorry.

chaz58

Thanks for the info. I contacted Fleetwood and was told by a representative not to worry about it, that it was common and probably came from the factory like that. I don't remember seeing it before but you can only tell at dark with the light shining the right way. Does anyone know the fix for this? I'm very handy and do alot of the repair work myself. Is this something I want to tackle?

C Nash

Think I would go higher up the chain at Fleetwood. Common problem :eek: . Having not seen it hard to give an opinion. May never give any problem but think I would get a good ind tech to look at it and get his opinion. Take pictures and keep names and dates of fleetwood reps you speak with. Is it possible for you to post us a picture? Good luck

H2H1

I think someone from Fleet wood just fed you a bunch of bull. I would call back and as Nash stated go up the ladder to someone who as the authority who would agree to get it repaired at there expense

Triple E

Yes a cheap fix, which is not easy, is to get a syringe with a heavy gauge needle. Fill the syringe with fiber glass epoxy and fill the hole. But, the first thing I would do is to take your RV to a fiberglass repair shop and get their opinion on the bubble and the cost to repair. Then send, certified, this estimate to Fleetwood. Have it all in writing. Good luck and keep us posted.

PS, Any Marina should be able to tell you of a good fiberglass shop.