rough ride with GMC 1500 hd

DL Rupper

Are you towing when the jerking occurs :question: If towing what is the size and weight of your trailer :question: Is your truck a short bed :question: What kind of hitch do you use :question: Does your trailer have shocks :question:

valnal

Jerks only when going over bumps (something called propoising)
27' 5er,
pin weight 1672 + 5er axle 5038= 6710 trailer weight
6.5' box on a 2005 GMC crew cab
Hijacker double hitch
no shocks on trailer
have heard of trailair and glide ride, but would like to ensure Im not missing something before putting out another $1000 on a hitch or pin box. any help would be appreceiated

duramax

my does the same thing i have a 2500 hd duramax/allison and a 5w 25' keystone cougar with a reese 15k slide hitch!
and i have no shocks on my5w but im looking at some cuz its really bumpy :blackeye:

05 gmc 2500hd duramax
04 cougar 244

DL Rupper

valnal. I would suggest checking how you distribute the weight when you load your trailer. The manufacturer should have designed the trailer with a disproportionate amount of the weight forward of the rear wheels. However, if when you load your trailer you are putting an inordinate amount of your load in the rear half of the trailer, you may be causing the trailer weight to shift rearward. This could cause the trailer to lift up on your truck when you hit bumps. Just a thought. Also shocks on the trailer could help with your problem. I believe Camping World sells shock absorber kits as after market add-ons. Not sure about the Hijacker double hitch. Does it pivot side-to-side and front-to-back :question: The pivoting 5ver hitches seem to help with the jerking. Since you have a short-bed do you have an extended king-pin on your trailer :question: . That could be causing a shift in the original designed weight distribution of the trailer :( . Hope some of this helps with your problem :clown: .