Route 89-Paige to I70

genel

Was considering traveling 89 from Paige to 70 (visiting Zion, Bryce,etc.). Can asnyone who has traveled this recently comment on steep grades, bad sections, etc. (ie. what am I getting myself into). I'm have a 37' Class A 300 HP DP. Any comments would be appreciated.

scj8168

Route 89-Paige to I70

Morning,
We just got back from that area. Stumbled upon Page, AZ when we left Grand Canyon. We have a TT. 89 from Page into Utah is fine. However, when the road splits and you have to take 9 to get to Zion.....BAD. You have 2 tunnels..one VERY long through a mountain. AND lots of steep switchbacks going down into Zion. Coming in to the park from I-15 is much better. Flat and nice highways.
Hope this helped.
Sherrie :kiss:

genel

Route 89-Paige to I70

Thanks for the response. I've heard about the tunnels and will be pitching tent on 89 and daily driving my tow into Zion. Did you go north of Zion for the rest of 89 to 70?

scj8168

Route 89-Paige to I70

No, we left Zion through the south entrance to I-15. Wouldn't go back there any other way. Then we looped up and over to Arches in Moab. Now, THAT is a fine place to go. Lots to do. Arches is just beautiful.
Have a great trip.
Sherrie :kiss: