Route around NYC

brownlow

I need to find a good, (relatively) hassle-free route from Mystic, Connecticut, to the Liberty RV Park in Jersey City, NJ. I used the route finder on the Good Sam site and believe it or not, they routed me through mid-town Manhattan! And then to top it off, they had me leaving Manhattan through the Holland Tunnel, with the footnote that no LP gas is allowed in the tunnel! Hello, don't you think if I'm using the Good Sam site I'll be in an RV?

Anyway, I will be pulling a 28 foot Sunnybrook with a Ford Excursion and would like to find a route that has little or no construction, wide lanes and relatively little traffic, if at all possible. I have scheduled an entire day for the trip, so a round-about route is not out of the question.

Thanks for the help.
Art

Maggie

Route around NYC

AAA has a better route to bypass NYC, which I'm taking this summer when I travel from New Hampshire to Freehold, NJ. Go south on I-684, then west on I-287 (towards White Plains, NY). I-287 crosses the Hudson River on the Tappan Zee Bridge, north of NYC. Once across the river, take exit 14A to get on the New York State Throughway, which heads towards the Garden State Pkwy in NJ. Hope this helps.